• Who she is: Rebecca Molaro
• What she’s wearing: Flowered hat from Dollar Tree, fuzzy knit purse from a yarn shop (it was a sampler for a felting class), shirt and skirt both hand-me-downs from a friend, socks knit by her mother and blue boots (“They’re [for] boys!” Rebecca notes, showing off the tractor imprints on the soles) from a thrift shop.
• Why we love it: A fashionista at a young age, Rebecca excels at pulling together her own outfits. This one plays off mismatched floral motifs but, instead of getting too cute — as is often the inclination with botanical prints — Rebecca adds tough boots and a black purse.
Try this on
• Here’s an opportunity to parade your hottest original designs down the runway: The Costume Shoppe holds its 2nd annual Transform the Revolution show and contest on Saturday, May 27. For rules and to sign up, stop by the Costume Shoppe (243 Haywood St.) or call 252-8404.
• New shop: Gemini House recently opened its doors at 68 N. Lexington Ave. This store stocks men’s and women’s wear and has a split personality — punk meet hippie here. Call 251-1170 for info.