This year, department store Belk (5 South Tunnel Rd. Asheville, 298-4970; 800 Brevard Road, Asheville, 665-4480) is offering a sneak peak of fall fashions soon to be on the racks. Arlene Goldstein, vice president of trend merchandising for the chain, explains that the season’s looks are driven by shape, from boxy jackets and bold jewelry to architectural shoes and trapeze dresses. Classic styles, reminiscent of icons like Twiggy and Katharine Hepburn, make up the collection. Xpress reviewed the latest looks and found a few favorites:
• A cropped jacket and trouser jeans offer layering options.
• Head-to-toe knits are both soft and practical.
• Office-elegant is made fun with graphic prints.
Try this on
• Terra Diva (80 Lexington Ave., 225-4884) announces a new Web site: www.terradivainc.com Check online for monthly items that can be purchased in-store at 40 percent off regular prices.
• Local online eco-clothing retailer TheOkoBox.com is now selling organic clothing in the Town Square building on Main Street in Waynesville. Like what you see on the Web site? As owner Leslie Richard says, “Now people can come check out the goods up close and personal.”