We’re LAAFFing with you
What better place to scope out local fashion (not to mention costumes) than at Asheville’s most local of festivals? On a recent Sunday, Lexington Avenue filled with brightly dressed revelers, vendors and performers, all showing off their unique personal styles. And, better yet, many of those pictured below purchased wardrobe pieces from area stores and artists.
• Who he is: Wade Hutson
• What he’s wearing: A bright green button-down (unbuttoned) and loose purple shorts with a coolie hat he got at a Thai restaurant.
• Who he is: Engedi Jet Williams, on a peace ministry from New Zealand
• Who she is: Holly Gillespie
• What she’s wearing: A pink tee with skulls and pockets that she received as a birthday present, a skirt that she made and a bag from Street Fair.
• Who she is: Marie Knight
• Who they are: Taka (left) and Ty
• What she’s wearing: Her headscarf and shirt are from Cosmic Vision and her belt is her mother’s from the 1970s. On him, an “old school” ’70s embroidered shirt and mala beads he got for his birthday.
• Who they are: Jim and Liv Lauzon
• Who he is: Moon Mitchell
• What he’s wearing: Horns made by Recyclone
• Who she is: Katie Weyer
• What she’s wearing: A dress she bought in Richmond, Va., sneakers handed down by her sister and a bag from Old Navy.
• Who he is: Kevin Njikam
• What she’s wearing: A Hawaiian-style shirt he found in a thrift store in Connecticut.
• Who they are: Cloud (left) and Wellington Paddy
[For more Asheville fashion, visit www.topdrawerstreetstyle.blogspot.com. Send your fashion news to email@example.com or call 251-1333, ext. 124.]