Downtown Asheville-based 68 Lexi (68 N. Lexington Ave., 251-1170) is one clever little boutique. Stocked with trendy-yet-comfy junior and women’s wear, the shop manages to dress fashionistas in stylish apparel (the majority of which is manufactured in the United States) for discount-outlet prices. As in, most dresses run under $40; bags, tees and jewelry will get you change back from a $20 bill; and movie-star-worthy oversized sunglasses are just $6.
This fall, 68 Lexi owner Asia Guyer opened sister store Virtue (58 N. Lexington Ave., 254-4200), which continues the commitment to quality affordable clothing. Even better, Virtue offers some menswear and a line of locally designed graphic tees from which all proceeds go to charity.
Here, Xpress photographer Jonathan Welch captured some of 68 Lexi’s winter looks. Jaime Taylor models.
• [left] Red-letter day: Crimson coat with floral design, $45; knee-length black turtleneck dress, $32.
• [right] Astral projections: Psychedelic-print bell-sleeved dress, $28; yellow stretch leggings, $16.95.
• [left] Warm wishes: Magenta sweater dress with hood, $36; purple stretch leggings, $16.95.
• [right] All in the details: Gray mini-dress with botanical design and henley-style neckline, $38; brown and tan satin handbag, $15.
Try this on
• Goodwill Industries of Northwest N.C. opens a new retail store in Fletcher today (Wednesday, Dec. 12). Located at 3578 Hendersonville Road, the second-hand shop offers clothing, furniture, shoes, toys and housewares. Hours for the new location are Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. and Sunday 1-6p.m.
• Ship to Shore Shop (426 Haywood Road, West Asheville), the studio of fashion designer R. Brooke Priddy holds an end-of-season clearance sale on Saturday, Dec. 15, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. One-of-a-kind ready-to-wear dresses are marked 50 percent off. Info: www.shiptoshoreshop.com