On the prowl
• Who she is: Jane, a visitor from Charlotte, N.C.
• What she’s wearing: Animal-print coat purchased on a trip to Charleston, S.C.; Nordic-motif gloves with faux-fur trim, bought in Charlotte; and pink corduroy pants.
• Why we love it: Jane has all the elements of cold-weather wear (cozy coat, fuzzy gloves), but none of the adult-in-a-snowsuit bulk that can go along with bundling up. The animal print and furry trim add an exotic touch, while her pink cords keep the look fun and girly.
Try this on
• Local designer Brooke Priddy is taking her Ship to Shore label in a new direction: ready-made apparel. But here’s where Priddy’s clothing differs from other off-the-rack designs — each piece is sill one-of-a-kind and is removed from her dress showcasing Web site (www.shiptoshoreshop.com) as soon as it’s purchased. Look for body-conscious knits and flowing gowns fit for goddesses and soccer moms alike. Oh, and custom clothing is still available.
• Whether you’re into yoga and love loose, fluid garments, or you’re a big fan of Bombay films and lust after rich-hued Indian-inspired fabrics, designer Milijana has your skirt. These wrap-and-go pieces feature South Indian trims, perfect for meditation or grooving all night at a Bollywood outre lounge party. Check out www.girlsskirtmission.com.