This week’s playlist starts with a deeply soulful groove and wraps up with delicate finger-strumming. In between, there’s trip-hop, hip-hop, indie-rock and reggae — all of which will make you want to dance, even if it’s a slow dance with your sweetie.
• “Merci” by HoveyKraft, the solo project of multi-instrumentalist Ben Hovey, from his new album, Alpha. Hovey performs at the Lobster Trap on Oct. 1 and Marketplace on Oct. 2.
• “Les Labas,” a song by Henri Texier, is remixed by Bonono, who performs at DJ set at The Orange Peel on Saturday, Sept. 27, 9 p.m.
• “Almost Famous,” is by New Orleans-based bounce artist Big Freedia. She’ll be at New Mountain on Tuesday, Sept. 30. Read the story here.
• “Dour Percentage” is from Paralytic Stalks by of Montreal. The Athens, Ga.-based band returns to The Grey Eagle on Wednesday, Oct. 1.
• “Man’s Hands,” from Apocalypse Whenever, is by Boston’s reggae-rock collective Spiritual Rez. The group plays New Mountain on Thursday, Oct. 2.
• “Wide Awake,” is from Tied to a Star, the new solo album by J Mascis of Dinosaur Jr. He’ll be at The Grey Eagle on Sunday, Sept. 28.