Press release from the Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority:
The Buncombe County Tourism Development Authority (BCTDA) is expanding its wayfinding system to include inter-district signs for the River Arts District (RAD). The BCTDA will host two Community Input Sessions to guide the development of this initiative.
Each session will begin with a short presentation from Explore Asheville, followed by an opportunity to provide input. Drop-ins are welcome.
WHAT: Community input sessions for wayfinding signage in the River Arts District
WHEN: Thursday, January 31, 8:30 – 10:00 a.m. & 4:30 – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: City of Asheville’s Arts and Culture Center (14 Riverside Drive)
WHO: Explore Asheville Convention & Visitors Bureau on behalf of the BCTDA with the assistance of its vendor will facilitate the sessions
Established in 2010, the wayfinding signage system is designed to facilitate wayfinding for both visitors and residents throughout the Asheville area. The system’s objectives include:
- Enhance the destination’s sense of place as well as the region’s history and character
- Increase economic impact by moving visitors throughout the region
- Enhance visitor satisfaction by providing easy navigation routes
- Decrease traffic congestion by reducing visitors’ search time for destinations and parking
- Create repeat visitation by increasing awareness of depth of destination
- Reflect and expand the Asheville-area destination brand
For more information on these sessions and to RSVP, please visit www.ashevillecvb.com/events/category/partner-event/.