Announcement from Blue Ridge Humane Society:
Hendersonville, NC—The Blue Ridge Humane Society Thrift Store will begin accepting merchandise donations for resell from the public on Tuesday, June 30th. Donations will only be accepted on Tuesdays and Fridays between the hours of 10:30am-4:00pm. The Thrift Store remains open for shopping with the reduced hours of 10:30am-4:30pm, Tuesday-Saturday, and with a limited shopper capacity.
Donations will need to be able to unloaded without staff assistance and placed into the appropriately labeled bin to ensure a contact-free drop-off. This will also assist with ensuring that all items can be properly transported and quarantined before processing and placement for resell in the store. During drop-offs all donors are asked to practice physical distancing and wear a mask following state mandates. Donated items will be quarantined before processing by staff and volunteers to ensure that all items are safe for resell.
Staff and volunteers continue to adhere to additional cleaning, sanitizing, scheduling, and social distancing practices as recommended by the CDC and current safety regulations. The number of customers allowed in the store remains limited to reduce the risk of exposure. Markers are placed to designate 6ft spaced waiting areas for shoppers to enter the store or for waiting in line for check-out. Customers, as well as staff and volunteers, are required to wear a mask while on Thrift Store premises and shopping and follow CDC recommendations.
All customers will be required to follow the procedures listed below:
- All staff, volunteers, and customers are required to wear a mask while on the Thrift Store premises and during shopping.
- Store hours are adjusted; keep an eye on the website and Facebook page for current hours.
- The number of customers allowed in the store is limited. Please expect a wait and be patient with other shoppers while waiting, and our staff and volunteers managing the entrance and exit.
- Practice social distancing while shopping or waiting in line. Markers will be placed for checkout and entry lines.
- Shields are installed at checkout locations for the safety of our customers, volunteers, and staff.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available for customers, volunteers, and staff at stations located at each door.
- Anyone exhibiting signs of illness is asked to stay home, including staff and volunteers.
- Follow CDC recommendations at all times:
- Three W’s: Wear a cloth mask, Wait 6’ apart and Wash your hands!
- Donations will be accepted on Tuesdays and Fridays only, between 10:30am-4pm. Items must be able to unloaded without staff assistance and placed into bins for quarantine. Donors are asked to practice physical distancing and wear a mask while on Thrift Store property.
The Blue Ridge Humane Society Thrift Store serves as the largest funding source for Blue Ridge Humane rescues, adoptions, community programs, and more. Donations to and shopping at the Thrift Store directly benefit animals in Henderson County.
The Blue Ridge Humane Society, Inc., is a 501(c)3 animal welfare organization started in 1952 dedicated to ensuring the highest quality of life for animals in Henderson County and our neighboring communities. BRHS cares for pets awaiting adoption at the Adoption Center; offers low-cost vaccine clinics, animal education programs, pet training classes, and youth education and projects; coordinates community pet food assistance, emergency vet assistance, and the Spay Neuter Incentive Program (SNIP), which is a collaboration with Henderson County, the City of Hendersonville, and the Henderson County Animal Services Center.
If you believe in our cause, consider making a donation or learning how to volunteer by visiting the Blue Ridge Humane Society’s website at www.blueridgehumane.org or call (828) 692-2639.