Press release from the city of Hendersonville:
Merchants of Downtown Hendersonville are feeling the holiday spirit this season, and they aren’t letting any “grinches” steal their cheer! Join for a special holiday themed “LoveHendo Saturday” to close out 2020 on December 5.
Main Street will be closed to vehicles all day on December 5 from 1st Avenue to 6th Avenue. The cross streets will remain open for vehicles to traverse to the unique avenue businesses and the abundant downtown parking available just a short walk from Main Street. Public restrooms are conveniently located at the Visitors Center on the south end of Main and at 125 5th Avenue on the northern end.
Just a few of the holiday activities include:
- View the “Whoville” themed gingerbread cookie contest entries @ Narnia Studios
- Pet Photos with Santa Paws @ Wag! A Unique Pet Boutique
- Photos with Santa @ Team ECCO Shark Lab & Aquarium
- Holiday Trunk Show @ Art Mob Studios
- YART Sale with the Henderson County Arts Council @ Woodlands Gallery
- Cookies and Goodies @ Pisgah Forest Gem Mine & Lazy Bear Trading Post
- Photos with Santa @ Emma’s Baby Boutique
- Buy a heart in the window @ Splurge to donate to Blue Ridge Humane Society or the Dillon May Fund
- Pop up Christmas Caroling
Many merchants will be dressed as “Whoville” characters inspired by The Grinch every weekend in December. Stroll through the streets of Historic Downtown Hendersonville and find creative window displays and holiday cheer this season. Now, more than ever is the time to spend locally for holiday shopping, and Downtown Hendersonville is the perfect place to shop and dine with ample, heated outdoor seating, curbside pickup and wide sidewalks to enjoy the company of others from a safe social distance.
The Hendersonville Farmers Market will also host a special Holiday Market on December 5 from 9 am until 1 pm at the Historic Train Depot in the Seventh Avenue District. The outdoor market includes seasonal, farm-fresh products and locally made artisan crafts. Marketgoers will find their favorite regular season vendors from Hendersonville Farmers Market offering seasonal food products, baked goods, and more, in addition to a plethora of handmade artisan crafts. Live music entertainment will be provided by Apple Country String Band.
In the spirit of #SafeHendo and state mandates, all businesses and customers are asked to follow the 3 W’s – Wear a face covering, Wash your hands and Wait 6 feet apart.