From event promoters:
NC ABC Commission to Offer Server Training Course in Haywood Co. Thursday (4/20)
With spring tourism season comes increased focus on underage drinking prevention
WHAT: As the spring tourism season begins, the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission— along with law enforcement agencies, DMV License and Theft Bureau, local ABC boards and prevention coalitions — is hosting a free seminar for ABC permit holders in the greater Waynesville area as part of an increased local focus on preventing underage drinking and sales to intoxicated persons*—both of which are high-liability issues for local businesses.During the seminar, ABC permit holders will learn about the following:
- Eliminating sale of alcohol to underage/intoxicated individuals
- Acceptable IDs, checking IDs, fake IDs, server discretion, criminal consequences, civil liability, employee disqualification
- Other laws and regulations.
- NC ABC Commission
- Mountain Projects Prevention Services
- Healthy Haywood Coalition
- Alcohol Law Enforcement
- Local ABC Board
- DMV License and Theft Bureau
WHEN: Thursday, April 202:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. WHERE: Goodwill Career Connections Center23 Hendrix Street
Waynesville, NC 28786
CONTACTS: Event contact:Patti Tiberi
Mountain Projects, Inc.
* North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement (ALE) and local law enforcement departments may intensify enforcement efforts in the Waynesville area to ensure that businesses are fully complying with the laws and regulations, specifically those which prohibit underage people from purchasing, possessing, or consuming alcoholic beverages.