Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bottle and can releases
- Seven Clans Brewing Hop-Rooted IPA is now available in cans and on draft within the brewery’s distribution footprint.
- On Friday, April 20, Highland Brewing Co. releases Forbidden Fruit Berliner Weisse in cans exclusively at the brewery. It was made with over 700 pounds of blueberries and dry-hopped with Mosaic.
- Burial Beer Co. has a triple can release on Friday, April 20, at 5 p.m. Inverted Fields Ablaze Smoked Maibock Lager (7 percent ABV), a collaboration with 3 Floyds Brewing Co. and Sugar Creek Malt, features Pilsner, Vienna, Munich and Maple Smoked malts and was fermented and lagered on yellow birch wood. Also available are Ceremonial Session IPA with Motueka (4 percent ABV) and Ceremonial Vapors Session IPA (4.20 percent ABV), hopped with Motueka and Azacca and dosed with Blue Hawaiian hemp terpenes.
- In addition to Inverted Fields Ablaze and the two Ceremonial IPAs on tap April 20, Burial releases The Heir of Malevolence Petit Brett Ale (4.5 percent ABV), fermented with Brettanomyces and hopped in the kettle with Amarillo and dry-hopped with Equinox, Citra and Mosaic, on Wednesday, April 18.
- **NEW** Catawba Brewing Co. taps a Session Coffee Porter (4.3 percent ABV) on Thursday, April 19, at all four of its tasting rooms. The full-flavored session beer is brewed with six specialty grains and infused with Peruvian coffee from Dynamite Roasting Co.
- On Thursday, April 19, at 5 p.m., Bruisin’ Ales hosts its first Staff Selections tasting, featuring some of the shop’s beers that its sellers feel don’t get enough attention. American Sours will be the first event’s focus and includes free samples of Cascade Brewing Strawberry, Goose Island Beer Co. Lolita, Avery Brewing Co. Tequilacerberus, Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales Forgotten Tales Vol. 2, Weyerbacher Brewing Riserva and The Bruery Gypsy Tart. Then on Friday, April 20, at 5 p.m., free samples of Raleigh-based Gizmo Brewing Co. beers will be poured.
- **NEW** On Sunday, April 22, noon-6 p.m., Tasty Beverage Co. celebrates its third anniversary. The draft list includes the special anniversary beer, Zebulon Artisan Ales Hoppy Brett Lager (For John Dunsworth), and also features (but not be limited to) Brewery Bhavana Foeder Fodder, Jester King Brewery Part & Parcel Mixed Culture Farmhouse Ale, Fonta Flora Brewery Beets, Rhymes, and Life Beet Saison, Hi-Wire Brewing Bourbon Barrel Aged 10-W40 and Firestone Walker Brewing Co. Parabola Bourbon Barrel Aged Stout.
Before you comment
The comments section is here to provide a platform for civil dialogue on the issues we face together as a local community. Xpress is committed to offering this platform for all voices, but when the tone of the discussion gets nasty or strays off topic, we believe many people choose not to participate. Xpress editors are determined to moderate comments to ensure a constructive interchange is maintained. All comments judged not to be in keeping with the spirit of civil discourse will be removed and repeat violators will be banned. See here for our terms of service. Thank you for being part of this effort to promote respectful discussion.