Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bottle and can releases
- Boojum Brewing Co. releases Gem & Juice New England Style IPA (6.2% ABV) on Wednesday, April 4. The beer is brewed with 6 pounds per barrel of Citra, Simcoe and Mosaic hops and will be available in six-packs of 12-ounce cans and on draft.
- Highland Brewing Co. releases its latest seasonal beer, Wanderlush (5.6% ABV), on Friday, April 5. The IPA is hopped with Centennial, Ekuanot, Simcoe and Amarillo, and will be available in six-packs of 12-ounce cans and on draft. At the release party, $1 from every pint sold of the new beer will be donated to the Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- UpCountry Brewing Co. taps Tangled Up in Blue Berlinerweiss (3.9% ABV), featuring an addition of 7 pounds of blueberry purée per barrel, on Wednesday, April 3, at its West Asheville taproom and the following day at its Brevard location.
- Catawba Brewing Co. releases DDH Sour (6.7 % ABV), a double dry-hopped sour IPA, on Thursday, April 4, at all four of its locations. From every pint sold at its Asheville taprooms, $1 will be donated to Our VOICE.
- Highland taps Strata-Tat-Tat (9.5%) on Friday, April 5. The DIPA was created as part of Highland’s Brewer’s Series by Josh Jiles and Alex Souza and is hopped with Strata, Mosaic and Chinook.
- Urban Orchard Cider Co. releases April Skies (6.9% ABV), a tropical cider made with lavender, on Friday, April 5, at both of its taprooms.
- Ginger’s Revenge releases a Turmeric Fenugreek ginger beer (4.7% ABV) on Sunday, April 7.