Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bottle and can releases
- Burial Beer Co. has a triple can release on Friday, Aug. 23. In the Fall of Our Truth IPA (7.5% ABV), triple dry-hopped with Citra, Azacca, Centennial and Galaxy, and finished with Centennial Cryo, will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $16, exclusively at the taproom. To Streak Blood Across My Brow DIPA (8.5% ABV), double dry-hopped with Galaxy, will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $18, exclusively at the taproom. And Culture Keepers Festbier (5.8% ABV), made this year with barley imported from Germany, malted to Burial’s specific requirements, will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $12 and will see limited distribution.
- **NEW** Bhramari Brewing Co. releases Skullkill the Bloodbringer: Berliner Weisse w/ Raspberry, Lemongrass & Vanilla (4.9% ABV) on Friday, Aug. 23. It will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans and on draft.
- **NEW** Daidala Ciders releases Physical Graffiti (5.3% ABV), a kiwi gose-style cider, on Friday, Aug. 23. It will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans and on draft.
- **NEW** Sideways Farm & Brewery releases Rosewater Saison on Friday, Aug. 23.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- The Collaboratory is currently pouring its first four house-brewed beers: Emissary Extra Pale Ale (4.5% ABV); Meadow Creek Gold American Golden Ale (5% ABV); Seychelles IPA (6.5% ABV); and Drums In The Deep Oatmeal Cream Stout (6% ABV).
- In addition to its aforementioned packaged releases also being available on draft the day of their release, Burial is currently pouring Tempest of the Swelling Sea Mixed Culture Saison with Oysters (6.5% ABV), Thresher Saison Ale with Coffee (4.5% ABV) and Into the Hereafter Pale Ale (5.1% ABV).
- Catawba Brewing Co. taps Spiced Saison (6.7% ABV), a collaboration with Spicewalla, on Thursday, Aug. 22, at all four of its locations.
- **NEW** Sanctuary Brewing Co. celebrates its fourth anniversary Thursday, Aug. 22-Sunday, Aug. 25 with the release of 13 beers. The full taplist is available here.
- **NEW** Highland Brewing Co. releases Tippy Taps (3.4% ABV), a session IPA hopped with Galaxy, Simcoe, Centennial and Mosaic, and Yes PLZ (7.0% ABV), a triple dry-hopped nitro New England IPA with Centennial, Citra, Mosaic and Galaxy hops, plus Simcoe Lupulin Powder, on Friday, Aug. 23.
- **NEW** The Whale hosts representatives from Durty Bull Brewing Co. on Thursday, Aug. 22. A full taplist of beers being brought from Durham is available here.
- **NEW** Zillicoah Beer Co.‘s second yearly Session Fest takes place Saturday, Aug. 24. Check out Tony Kiss’ preview of the event here.
- **NEW** Bruisin’ Ales‘ next free tasting takes place Saturday, Aug. 24, 2-4 p.m., and features samples of vintage 750 milliliter bottles from Cigar City Brewing. The full lineup is available online.
- **NEW** Ecusta Brewing Co. celebrates its third anniversary on Sunday, Aug. 25. New beer releases will be announced on the brewery’s Facebook page throughout the weekend.