Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
Bottle and can releases
- Burial Beer Co. has released three new packaged products. The Virtue of Patience Bourbon Barrel-Aged Barleywine (12.5% ABV) is available in 500 milliliter bottles for $16 each, exclusively at the taproom; Distributed Denial of Service Dry-Hopped Kellerpils (5% ABV), brewed in collaboration with Atlanta-based Halfway Crooks Beer and hopped with Riwaka, Motueka and Saphir, is available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $14 and will see limited distribution; and Ascent of the Blessed Sour Ale with Grenache (10.5% ABV), made in collaboration with Salt Lake City-based Ruth Lewandowski Wines, is available in 500 milliliter bottles for $16 each, exclusively at the taproom.
- **NEW** Hi-Wire Brewing has released Nordic Farmhouse Hazy IPA (6.5% ABV), the first in the Hi-Wire Loves AVL beer series, which focuses on collaborating with some of the brewery’s favorite local neighbors. The collaboration with Asheville Brewing Co. is available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans and on draft. On Friday, Feb. 21, it will be joined by Double Hi-Pitch Mosaic IPA (9% ABV), also available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans.
- Catawba Brewing Co. releases El Gato Mariachi Horchata White Ale (5.3% ABV), brewed with vanilla, lactose and cinnamon, on Friday, Feb. 21. It will be available in six-packs of 12-ounce cans and on draft.
- Oskar Blues Brewery releases Just Yonder Carolina Honey Blonde Ale (5% ABV) on Friday, Feb. 21. The beer was crafted at the brewery’s Brevard location and features honey from Brevard-based Bee. honey + hive. It will be available in six-packs of 12-ounce cans and on draft.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Highland Brewing Co. is currently pouring Three Tops (8.1% ABV), an imperial hazy IPA hopped with Strata, and on Thursday, Feb. 20, taps Bon Temps (8.8% ABV), a doppelbock that was aged for a year in rye whiskey barrels.
- In addition to the aforementioned packaged releases also being available on draft, Burial is currently pouring Memories of Pure Anguish Dark Sour Ale with Cocoa Nib and Vanilla Bean (8.3% ABV).
- Catawba taps King Cake Pastry Stout (7.6% ABV), made with vanilla, lactose, cinnamon and raspberry puree, on Thursday, Feb. 20, at all four of its taprooms.
- Thirsty Monk Brewery releases Barrel-aged Tricky Monk (9% ABV), a Belgian-style Tripel aged first in rye whiskey barrels, then peach wine barrels, on Friday, Feb. 21, at both of its locations.
- Bold Rock Hard Cider taps Blackberry Sour cider cocktail, featuring lightly smoked blackberries and fresh-pressed lemon and lime, on Friday, Feb. 21.