Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
Bottle and can releases
- **NEW** Archetype Brewing Co. releases Nameless Light Brett IPA (7.7 percent ABV) on Friday, Feb. 22, in 500 milliliter bottles for $8 each. The beer is brewed with 100 percent Brett yeast.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Thirsty Monk Brewery is currently pouring Porter (6.4 percent ABV), the base beer for its CocoNorm, and Black IPA (8.2 percent ABV), brewed with Riverbend Carolina Rye and hopped with Columbus, Cascade, Centennial and Citra, at both Thirsty Monk locations.
- Urban Orchard Cider Co. releases Elderberry Wise on Tuesday, Feb. 19, at its South Slope location. $1 from each pour will be donated to Dogwood Alliance.
- On Wednesday, Feb. 20, UpCountry Brewing Co. releases Sweet Mild O’Mine English Mild (4.2 percent ABV). The beer is brewed with English ale yeast and Fuggle hops.
- Oskar Blues Brewery unveils its take on Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.‘s Resilience IPA on Wednesday, Feb. 20, at 5 p.m. All proceeds will go to support Sierra Nevada’s Camp Fire Relief Fund.
- On Thursday, Feb. 21, Catawba Brewing Co. releases Honey Blonde Ale (6.7 percent ABV) at all of its taprooms.
- Burial Beer Co. releases VISUALS 001: Mixed Culture Ale with Petite Manseng Grapes on Thursday, Feb. 21.
- Highland Brewing Co. taps Release the Kitties (10.8 percent ABV) on Friday, Feb. 22. The imperial stout was brewed with coffee from Methodical Coffee in Greenville, S.C., and maple syrup, then conditioned on French oak chips. On release day, $1 from all pours of Release the Kitties and Gaelic Ale will be donated to the Asheville Humane Society.
- **NEW** Ginger’s Revenge releases a fresh batch of Dark Chocolate & Orange ginger beer (5.6 percent ABV) on Sunday, Feb. 24. The brew is made with orange peel from Spicewalla and cacao nibs from French Broad Chocolates.
- **NEW** The Whale hosts representatives from Charlotte bottle shop Salud on Thursday, Feb. 21, 6-10 p.m., along with, according to the Facebook event, “rare offerings from Charlotte’s most celebrated breweries as well as a ‘Whale’ (super rare beer) for line 5.” The tap list will be announced soon on The Whale’s Facebook page.
- **NEW** Bruisin’ Ales’ next free tasting takes place Friday, Feb. 22, 6-8 p.m., and features samples of Oskar Blues‘ and Cigar City Brewing‘s collaborative Bamburana Imperial Stout (12.2 percent ABV). The beer was aged in whiskey and brandy barrels with figs, dates and Amburana wood spirals. Then on Saturday, Feb. 23, 2-4 p.m., there will be a free tasting featuring samples from German beer importer S&H, including products by Andechs Monastery, Bernard and Früh.
- The inaugural Brew Horizons Beer Festival takes place Saturday, Feb. 23, 2-6 p.m. at the U.S. Cellular Center. Read Tony Kiss’ preview of the event here.
- Eurisko Beer Co. celebrates the day Agent Dale Cooper first crossed the border into the town of Twin Peaks with its inaugural Twin Peaks Day on Sunday, Feb. 24, beginning at 11:30 a.m. Beers from Hi-Wire Brewing, Fonta Flora Brewery, Resident Culture Brewing Co., Newgrass Brewing Co., Zebulon Artisan Ales and DSSØLVR will be on tap throughout the day and Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me will be screened at 7 p.m.