Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
- Burial Beer Co. releases cans of Ceremonial Session IPA featuring Mosaic on Friday, Feb. 10, in its taproom. Brewed with a different hops focus each time, this batch features 100 percent Mosaic hops with Mosaic lupulin powder taking over the second dry hop. Four-packs of 16-ounce cans cost $12. On Saturday, Feb. 11, bottles of Fall of the Rebel Angels go on sale. The first herald of the brewery’s evolving mixed-culture saison program is a blend that’s 60 percent steel-aged, 30 percent Foeder-aged and 10 percent bourbon barrel-aged then refermented on local chokeberries and Burial’s house-mixed culture. Cost is $15 per 750-milliliter bottle, limit one case per person.
- On Friday, Feb. 10, at 4 p.m., Highland Brewing Co. debuts its newest Warrior Series beer, Imperium Russian Imperial Stout. The 8.5 percent ABV brew is made with hand-cut vanilla beans, toasted coconut and Octane Coffee. On-site purchase limit is one case per person.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Calilina (6.5 percent ABV), a saison brewed with blueberry lemongrass tea, ginger, blueberries and lemon, is available exclusively on draft at Wicked Weed Brewing‘s brewpub. The beer was made in collaboration with Dry River Brewing.
- Oskar Blues Brewery releases Bloody Deviant (8 percent ABV) – Deviant Dale’s IPA with fresh local Bloody Mary mix, peppercorns and the brewery’s own Deviant Dale’s hot sauce – on Tuesday, Feb. 7.
- Noble Cider has teamed up with Rhubarb and French Broad Chocolates to create a cacao-strawberry-rhubarb Valentine’s Day cider. From Tuesday, Feb. 7 through Tuesday, Feb. 14, the collaborative drink will be available only at Rhubarb, the French Broad Chocolate Lounge and the Noble Cider taproom.
- Catawba Brewing Co. taps Raspberry Sour (6 percent ABV) on Thursday, Feb. 9, at all Catawba locations. The clean, tart kettle sour is brewed with malted barley and flaked wheat then soured with lactobacillus and given a secondary fermentation addition of raspberries.
- Lookout Brewing Co. releases Mother Pucker Imperial Sour Strawberry Stout on Saturday, Feb. 11, at 5 p.m.
- On Thursday, Feb. 9, the Thirsty Monk taps its keg of Bell’s Brewery Hopslam Ale at the downtown bar.
- Zebulon Artisan Ales celebrates its first anniversary on Saturday, Feb. 11, from 1-9 p.m. with a tap takeover featuring the brewery’s debut IPAs. Selections include double, quadruple, tropical, black, white, brett and session IPAs and more. Bottles of long sold-out beers released throughout the year will also be opened. A $20 admission fee gets attendees a special stylish glass made for the event and four tickets, which may be traded in at the bar for beers. Additional tickets will be for sale.
- **NEW** Mojo Kitchen & Lounge is hosting and teaming with Boojum Brewing Co. for a Valentine’s Beer Dinner on Saturday, Feb. 11, at 6 p.m. The evening includes four courses paired with chef-selected Boojum beers. Vegetarian and non-alcoholic options are available. Tickets are $55 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Reserve a spot by calling 828-255-7767 during business hours or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.