Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
Bottle and can releases
- On Saturday, July 14, Burial Beer Co. releases Martyrs of the Resistance Sparkling Imperial IPA (8 percent ABV), double dry-hopped with five different hops, in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $18. The same day also brings the latest batch of Ceremonial Session IPA (4 percent ABV), this one made with Australian-born Ella hops, in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $12.
- **NEW** On Saturday, July 14, Bhramari Brewing Co. releases Rhymes With Purple (5.4 percent ABV), a Berliner Weisse-style Ale with boysenberry, elderberry, black currant, blackberry, raspberry, blueberry, lactose and vanilla in four-packs of 16-ounce cans. It will also be available on draft and in limited distribution within North Carolina.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- In addition to Martyrs of the Resistance and Ceremonial, Burial has two new releases this week. Tuesday, July 10, brings Everything is Roses Imperial Stout with Rose Petals (9.5 percent ABV), double mashed with rose-infused brewing water, followed by An Unquenchable Fire Smoked Mango Saison Ale (5 percent ABV) — mashed with 100 percent Copper Fox malt from Virginia and aged on a purée of ripe mango — on Wednesday, July 11.
- **NEW** Thirsty Monk Brewery taps Baere Monk Grisette (4.8 percent ABV) on Tuesday, July 10, at both of its taprooms. The beer is a collaboration with Baere Brewing Co. in Denver and is brewed
with unmalted wheat, early Spring Chit malt, Belgian Landrace hops and freshly-picked local dandelions.
- **NEW** Sanctuary Brewing Co. taps Lupelo Apestoso (5.2 percent ABV), a New England Style IPA brewed with El Dorado and Amarillo hops and Pislner malt, on Thursday, July 12, and Irregahdless (6 percent ABV), a New England Style IPA brewed with Southern Cross and Mosaic hops, on Sunday, July 15. Both beers also feature London Fog yeast.
- On Thursday, July 12, Catawba Brewing Co. releases Biere de Miel at its Asheville taprooms. The Honey Belgian Ale is brewed with 5 gallons of honey from Asheville Bee Charmer. A dollar from each pint sold in Asheville will be donated to the Center for Honeybee Research.
- Highland Brewing Co. taps two new releases on Friday, July 13, at noon. Negroni IPA (8.7 percent ABV) is aged in gin barrels and is the first beer to come out of the brewery’s new barrel program. It will be joined by Twist of Lime (5.2 percent ABV), a cream ale brewed with lime.
- The monthly Monk Beer Academy class takes place Tuesday, July 10, at 7 p.m. at the Biltmore Park Thirsty Monk and centers on wheat beers. The session will explore how the style has evolved from Germany and Belgium into America’s backyards. Tickets are $15, include a tasting flight and are available in advance online.
- Bruisin’ Ales hosts two free tasting events this week. On Thursday, July 12, 5-7 p.m., selections from Wicked Weed Brewing Co. will be poured, among them Coolcumber, Astronomical IPA and a few special items from the Funkatorium, including pre-samples of Red Angel Barrel-Aged American Sour Ale with Raspberries. Then on Friday, July 13, 5-7 p.m., the focus shifts to Hi-Wire Brewing, whose Horchata 10W-40 Stout, Barrel-Aged Lemon & Rosemary Sour and a few other seasonal releases will be sampled.
- Tasty Beverage Co. hosts an Allagash Brewing Co. Wild Beer Roundup on Thursday, July 12, 5-7:30 p.m. Offerings include a flight of bottle pours from some rare wild beers and eight Allagash beers on draft, including Pick Your Own Sour Red Ale, Saison Gratis, Interlude 2016 Belgian-style Ale, Little Brett Ale and special guest beer Coolship Red Ale, which will be tapped at 6:30 p.m.