Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
Bottle and can releases
- Burial Beer Co. has a quadruple release on Friday, July 5. A Portal Towards Nonexistence Imperial Stout with Cocoa Nibs, Vietnamese Cinnamon, Honey, Tahitian Vanilla and Maple Smoked Sea Salt (14% ABV) will be available in 500 milliliter bottles for $17 each, exclusively at the taproom; I’ve Been Called Worse Sparking Mixed Culture Ale (11% ABV), brewed with Other Half Brewing Co., will be available in 500 milliliter bottles for $13 each, exclusively at the taproom; Those Who Made it Out DIPA (8.8% ABV), double dry-hopped with Mosaic, Enigma, Cashmere and a final dose of Amarillo and Cashmere Cryo powders, will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $18, exclusively at the taproom; and The Endless Suffer Dry-Hopped Pils (4.8% ABV), brewed with Alvarado Street Brewery, will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $13 and will see limited distribution.
- **NEW** Bhramari Brewing Co. releases Pizza Ships Hazy Pale Ale Dry-Hopped with Enigma & Styrian Wolf Hops and Margarita Pizza (5.5% ABV) and Hawaiian Pizza Ships Pineapple Basil Gose (5.1% ABV) on Saturday, July 6. Both beers will be sold in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $13.99 and will also be available on draft.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- In addition to its aforementioned packaged releases also being available on draft, Burial is currently pouring A State of Utter Savagery Barrel-Aged Sour Ale with Strawberries and Cocoa Nib (5.4% ABV) and The Consequences of Humanity DIPA with Oranges (8% ABV).
- Thirsty Monk Brewery taps Nocino Stout (7.8% ABV), featuring locally-made Eda Rhyne Nocino liqueur, on Wednesday, July 3, at both of its locations.
- Catawba Brewing Co. taps Brut Gose (5.2% ABV), Friki Tiki Passion Fruit IPA (6.5% ABV) and Desert Island Tropical Smoothie Sour on Thursday, July 4, at all four of its taprooms.
- Highland Brewing Co. has three small-batch releases this week. Tastes Like Freedom (4.3% ABV), a light American lager dry-hopped with Cascade and Hallertau Blanc, and The Knights Who Say NEIPA (6.4% ABV), hopped with Centennial, Galaxy, Citra and Mosaic, will be released on Thursday, July 4. They’ll be followed on Friday, July 5, with Dontcha Know DIPA (8.9% ABV), hopped with Simcoe, Amarillo, Centennial, Chinook, Summit and Mosaic.
- UpCountry Brewing Co. releases Dill Pickle Gose (4.5% ABV) on Thursday, July 4, at its West Asheville and Brevard taprooms.
- Fermented Nonsense Brewing taps Dream A Little Dream NEIPA on Thursday, July 4.
- Whistle Hop Brewing Co. releases Rum Barrel Aged Burdock Saints Baltic Porter on Thursday, July 4.