Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
Bottle and can releases
- Bhramari Brewing Co. releases Unicorn Deathwish (5.5% ABV), an Imperial Berliner Weisse with Rainbow Sherbet, on Friday, July 26, in four-packs of 16-ounce cans and on draft.
- Burial Beer Co. has a dual can release on Friday, July 26. Other Forms of Evil Dry Hopped Pils (5.5% ABV), double dry-hopped with Strata and Grungeist, will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $13 and will see limited distribution. The Venom Vigil DIPA with Peaches and Vanilla (8.2% ABV), double dry-hopped with Azacca, Comet, Galaxy, Wai-Iti and Amarillo Cryo, will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $20, exclusively at the taproom.
- **NEW** Sideways Farm & Brewery releases Hazy Grape Leaf Ale (4.9% ABV) on Friday, July 26. The hazy ale was brewed with Carolina Malt House’s locally grown 2 Row Pilsner, fermented on wild grape leaves from Sideways‘ farm and bottle conditioned using local wildflower honey. A limited number of 750 milliliter bottles will be available for $12 each. Taproom pours will also be sold.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- In addition to its aforementioned packaged products also being available on draft the day of their release, Burial is currently pouring Tapestries of Torture Sour Red Ale with Carolina Elderberries (8.3% ABV) and Of Strength and Solace Port Barrel-Aged Farmhouse Sour with Grape Pomace (8% ABV).
- Catawba Brewing Co. taps a German Light Lager (3.5% ABV) on Thursday, July 25, at all four of its locations.
- Highland Brewing Co. releases BEEr Charmer (4.8% ABV), a honey pilsner made with honey from beehives that sit atop the brewery, on Thursday, July 25.
- Asheville Brewers Supply hosts its monthly Brewers Social on Tuesday, July 23, 6-9 p.m. Attendees are invited to bring some of their latest labeled homebrew creations to share. Complimentary pizza from Asheville Pizza Co. will be provided.
- **NEW** Hi-Wire Brewing celebrates its sixth anniversary on Saturday, July 27, 3-10 p.m., at its Big Top location. Offerings include three draft stations and a total of 38 taps, including 10 with sour and wild ales, plus beers brewed exclusively for the part. More details are available online.
Before you comment
The comments section is here to provide a platform for civil dialogue on the issues we face together as a local community. Xpress is committed to offering this platform for all voices, but when the tone of the discussion gets nasty or strays off topic, we believe many people choose not to participate. Xpress editors are determined to moderate comments to ensure a constructive interchange is maintained. All comments judged not to be in keeping with the spirit of civil discourse will be removed and repeat violators will be banned. See here for our terms of service. Thank you for being part of this effort to promote respectful discussion.