Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
- Wicked Weed Brewing Old Fashioned hits specialty beer stores this week. The 10 percent ABV ale is made with cherries and orange zest and aged in Kentucky bourbon barrels for four months to capture the essence of its namesake cocktail.
- On Tuesday, June 21, Asheville Brewing Co. released Lemon Space Dog American Wheat in 6-packs of 12-ounce cans and on draft at all three of its locations. Made with Lemondrop hops, the 5.3 percent ABV brew will also be available wherever Asheville Brewing cans are sold in the next week or so.
- On Friday, June 24 at 4 p.m., Highland Brewing Co. releases Mandarina IPA (5 percent ABV) in cans and on draft in its taproom. Highland’s newest year-round beer is brewed with German Mandarina Bavaria and Hull Melon hops as well as juicy oranges.
- Thirsty Monk is pouring an Oud Bruin (8.5 percent ABV), the latest in its Small Batch Series, at its downtown and Biltmore Park bars.
- Green Man Brewery‘s Greenmansion is pouring Haggard Barrel-Aged DIPA (9.8 percent ABV), made by aging the brewery’s Rainmaker DIPA in white-wine barrels for three months, then dry-hopping with a 3-pound-per-barrel blend of Mandarina Bavaria, Centennial and Mosaic.
- Burial Beer Co. has three new additions to its taps this week. Tuesday, June 21, brings The Prayer, Biere D’apricot (6.2 percent ABV), a Belgian-style blonde brewed using Pilsner, Torrified Wheat, Vienna, Acidulated and Honey Malts, then aged on 130 pounds of apricots. Mango Vanilla Porter (6.2 percent ABV) arrives Thursday, June 23, followed by the return of Gandasa Double India Pale Ale (8 percent ABV), which is dry-hopped with generous amounts of Amarillo, Citra, Mosaic and Calypso.
- Oyster House Brewing Co. is pouring casks of Bourbon Hazelnut Brown and Coconut Mojito Galaxy IPA.
- On Friday, June 24, at 5 p.m., Asheville Brewing Co. releases Hanging with the Band, made in collaboration with American Idol winner Caleb Johnson. The Asheville native helped brew the blood orange wheat ale with the ABC staff and will be at the Coxe Ave. brewpub to perform a couple of songs on the patio and sign 22-ounce bottles of the beer, only 500 of which will be available. The beer will also be on draft.
- Thirsty Monk Biltmore Park hosts Fresh Press Cider Test with New Belgium Brewing Co. on Thursday, June 23, at 4 p.m. A special limited offering batch of New Belgium’s fresh-pressed dry and semi-dry ciders will be on tap and in cans. Feedback is encouraged as the brewery continues its market research and development.
- Bruisin’ Ales‘ free weekly tasting on Thursday, June 23, from 5-7 p.m. features new seasonal selections from Bell’s Brewery. Samples of Oarsman Ale, Oatsmobile Ale and Hopsoulution Imperial IPA will be poured, as well as a side-by-side tasting of vintage and fresh bottles of Third Coast Old Ale.
- On Saturday, June 25 at 6 p.m., Bruisin’ Ales teams with executive chef Chris Bugher, chef instructor at A-B Tech, for Vol. 3 of their beer and food pairing series. A four-course, molecular gastronomy inspired small item menu will be matched with a special selection of craft beers. Tickets are $20 and available at Bruisin’ Ales and online.
- Hi-Wire Brewing‘s flagship, seasonal and specialty brews will soon be available in the Northeast Georgia, Athens, Augusta and Savannah markets.
- Catawba Brewing Co. is expanding its distribution into Alabama. Starting in early July, White Zombie Belgian-style Wit, Mother Trucker Pale Ale, Farmer Ted cream ale, REDiculous IPA and Astral Bootie Beer session IPA will be available throughout the state in kegs and cans.