Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
Bottle and can releases
- Archetype Brewing Co. releases fresh cans of Shoulder Devil DIPA and Cowboy Poet American Lager on Thursday, March 21. Shoulder Devil will be available in four-packs of 12-ounce cans and Cowboy Poet in four-packs of 16-ounce cans.
- Noble Cider releases the 2019 edition of The Blue Bard, made with wild blueberries, honey and rosemary, in bottles on Thursday, March 21.
- Twin Leaf Brewery releases the 2019 edition of MDXXI Imperial Mexican Chocolate Stout (8.2 percent ABV) on Friday, March 22, at 2 p.m. It will be available in 500-milliliter bottles and on draft.
- **NEW** Zebulon Artisan Ales releases Original IPA circa 1850 (for Anthony Bourdain) (8 percent ABV) on Friday, March 22. Brewed with 100 percent Maris Otter malt and 100 percent East Kent Goldings hops, the beer was aged in neutral oak barrels with Brett for 8 months. Bottle conditioned, cork and caged 750 milliliter bottles cost $14 each. The beer is also available on draft.
- Pisgah Brewing Co. debuts its Turtleback Brown Ale in six-packs of 12-ounce cans on Saturday, March 23.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Thirsty Monk Brewery taps Peppercorn Spelt Saison (5 percent ABV) on Wednesday, March 20, at both Thirsty Monk locations.
- Catawba Brewing Co. unveils a Biere de Mars (6 percent ABV) on Thursday, March 21, at all four of its taprooms.
- Highland Brewing Co. releases License to Chilton (7.1 percent ABV), a Baltic Porter brewed with Briess Malt & Ingredients Co., using all Breiss malts, on Friday, March 22.
- Ginger’s Revenge is currently pouring a Gin and Tonic ginger beer (5.2 percent ABV), and on Sunday, March 24, will release a Passion Fruit Simcoe ginger beer (5.1 percent ABV).
- As of Sunday, March 17, Archetype‘s second location at 174 Broadway is open. Hours of operation are Mondays-Thursdays, 3-10 p.m.; Fridays-Saturdays, noon-11 p.m.; and Sundays, 1-9 p.m.
- As part of its In Bloom: A Celebration of the Spring Equinox event on Wednesday, March 20, Burial Beer Co. will sell cellared bottles of 2017 Garden of Earthly Delights Mixed Culture Saison with grapefruit, ginger, lemon verbena and sea salt; 2017 Jealousy & Murder Mixed Culture Saison a collaboration with Blackberry Farm; 2017 Separation of Light and Darkness Mixed Culture Saison; and 2017 Fall of the Rebel Angels Blended Sour with chokeberry.
- Eurisko Beer Co. celebrates its first anniversary on Saturday, March 23, with the release of its first two bottles. Read Tony Kiss’ article on the festivities for more information.