Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
Bottle and can releases
- Hi-Wire Brewing releases Sour Blonde with Lemon & Rosemary (7.5 percent ABV) at its South Slope location on Saturday, May 19, at noon. The 750-milliliter bottles cost $18 each.
- On Wednesday, May 16, Burial Beer Co. releases The Supremity of Being Sour Ale (4.6 percent ABV), made with coconut and vanilla, followed by a fresh batch of The Keeper’s Veil Honey Saison Ale (5.5 percent ABV), brewed with wildflower honey and a medley of dried herbs and flowers, on Friday, May 18.
- Catawba Brewing Co. taps a Munich Helles Lager (5.1 percent ABV) on Thursday, May 17, at all four of its tasting rooms. The Bavarian-style golden lager is brewed with pilsner and Munich malts and German Noble hops.
- Asheville Brewing Co. releases its annual Sister Bad Habit Ale on Thursday, May 17, at 6:30 p.m. at the LaZoom Room.
- Wedge Brewing Co. Golem Belgian-style Strong Ale returns to the Wedge Studios taproom on Thursday, May 17.
- The Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation‘s Find Your Pint beer series kicks off Tuesday, May 15, 5-7 p.m. at Bhramari Brewing Co. Through June 14, $1 from each pint of Painted Fortune Carolina Common sold goes to the Foundation to support its Bee Kind to the Blue Ridge Parkway initiative. Check the BRPF’s website for future Find Your Pint events.
- Bruisin’ Ales hosts a pair of free tastings this week. On Thursday, May 17, 5-7 p.m., selections from Belgium’s Préaris “Flying Horse” Brouwers, newly distributed in the U.S., will be poured, including its Grand Cru, Smokey Li and Quadrocinno. Then on Friday, May 18, 5-7 p.m., samples of staff-selected saisons from around the world will be featured, among them Kiuchi Brewery Hitachino Nest Saison du Japon (Japan), Brew By Numbers Pear Saison (United Kingdom), Smuttynose Brewing Co. Chestnut Saison (New Hampshire), Logsdon Farmhouse Ales Szech ‘n Brett (Oregon) and Blaugies Darbyste (Belgium).
- On Thursday, May 17, Tasty Beverage Co. taps Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.‘s Maple Bourbon Barrel-Aged Scotch Ale and Summerfest.
- Villagers: Urban Homestead Supply offers a Fermented Alcoholic Beverages class with Marissa Percoco on Sunday, May 20, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Participants will discuss, sample and make fermented alcoholic beverages, including mead, wine, cider, beer, rice beer, sake, tongba, merissa and more from around the world. The cost of the class is $25-50 per person on a sliding scale. Spots can be reserved online.