Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
Bottle and can releases
- Twin Leaf Brewery releases Rosemary IPA on Wednesday, Nov. 7. The beer was crafted using herbs from Rayburn Farms and dry-hopped with, according to the brewery’s Facebook page, “a myriad of citrusy and lemon-forward hops, including Amarillo, Simcoe and Sarachi Ace.” It will be available in bottles and on draft.
- **NEW** Green Man Brewery‘s Guns N’ Roses-inspired Cold November Rain (7 percent ABV) is currently available in individual 16-ounce single cans for $6.50 or in four-packs for $18. The triple dry-hopped IPA is the second release in the brewery’s ongoing Hazy Homage series.
- Hi-Wire Brewing releases Gimme the Brut (8 percent ABV), a sparkling brut DIPA, on Friday, Nov. 9, at both of its taprooms. Four-packs of 16-ounce cans cost $15.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Burial Beer Co. releases Tome of the Wild Woods Robust Porter Ale with Birch, Vanilla and Spices (6.2 percent ABV), made with cinnamon, star anise and cloves, on Thursday, Nov. 8. It will be followed on Friday, Nov. 9, by The Endless Nothing Carolina Native Pale Ale (7 percent ABV), brewed with a native yeast discovered in the brewery’s taproom garden, isolated by its lab director and affectionately dubbed “RayDennes.”
- As part of the release party for local author Anne Fitten Glenn’s new book, Western North Carolina Beer: A Mountain Brew History, the writer collaborated with Asheville Brewing Co. on Brewgasm IPA. The West Coast style IPA will be released on Wednesday, Nov. 7, at 5 p.m., at the brewery’s Coxe Avenue location.
- Thirsty Monk Brewery and Green Man Brewery release their collaborative Green Monk on Wednesday, Nov. 7, at both Thirsty Monk locations. Inspired by chartreuse liqueur, the yellow-green saison is brewed with fennel, anise, mint and Arnica flowers, and fermented with Thirsty Monk’s house Belgian yeast.
- **NEW** On Wednesday, Nov. 7, UpCountry Brewing Co. taps Resting Bitter Face ESB (6 percent ABV), hopped with Fuggle and Mount Hood.
- Highland Brewing Co. celebrates the release of its famed Cold Mountain Winter Ale (5.9 percent ABV) on Thursday, Nov. 8, at 3 p.m. with a host of variants on the beloved beer. In addition to the 2018 edition of Cold Mountain, Imperial Cold Mountain (8.0%), Coconut Cold Mountain (5.9%), 2017 Vintage Cold Mountain (5.9%), Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Cold Mountain (10.2%) and Maple Bourbon Barrel-Fermented Cold Mountain (6.5%) will be available. There will also be a range of Cold Mountain casks (all 5.9 percent ABV) tapped through Saturday, Nov. 10. A full schedule of the cask tapping schedule is available online.
- On Thursday, Nov. 8, Catawba Brewing Co. taps 70 Shilling Scotch Ale at all four of its taprooms.
- The Whale hosts a “Meet the Brewer” event with Fort Mill, S.C.-based Amor Artis Brewing on Thursday, Nov. 8, 6-10 p.m. The guest brewery’s Spring Farm Blackberry Sour, Fort Pilsner, Galaxy of the Topics IPA, Cruisin Down the Street in my 6.4! IPA, Just the Spruce Tip Pale Ale and Spring Farm Peach Sour will be available on tap.
- **NEW** Bruisin’ Ales has two free tastings this week. On Thursday, Nov. 8, 5-7 p.m., there will be a “‘Tis the Season” sampling with Olde Hickory Brewery, during which attendees may enter to win rare bottles of the brewery’s beers and, according to the event description, “be present for a special historical event.” Then on Saturday, Nov. 10, 2-4 p.m., samples from Shelby-based Newgrass Brewing Co. will be poured.