- Three of Asheville's most acclaimed artists add to their already impressive catalogs."Say Goodnight, Gracie," opens May 18, followed by "The Azure Sky in Oz" on May 19.The Americana Burlesque & Sideshow Festival, on hiatus since 2019 due to COVID safety concerns, returns to Asheville. Plus, author's memoir explores WNC 'ghost lights,' Asheville Music School holds a…
- Terra Nova rises from Bhramari's ashes, while Highland overcomes various obstacles.Laura Walton, founder of The Crunchy Baker, will launch a new series of in-person baking classes starting Saturday, May 20, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Consider one of these trips led by local guides for your next adventure in WNC (and eastern Tennessee).The thrill of the hunt keeps the morel pursuit engaging, frustrating and thrilling, all at once.
- When Phillip Cooper completed a prison sentence in 2010, he spent months applying for jobs that he was told would be available to those with a criminal record. But no…Snorkel trail to put visitors face-to-face with underwater river dwellers.ESPN'S Ryan McGee spoke with Xpress about his new book about interning with the Asheville Tourists in 1994.In her proposed budget for fiscal year 2023-24, City Manager Debra Campbell wants to give the Asheville Police Department a bump of almost $4 million — an increase of more…
- "Please stop leaving your poo bags by the side of the trails! It’s littering; be a responsible pet owner.""For too long, the Second Amendment has been cherry-picked by politicians like Edwards and Sens. Ted Budd and Thom Tillis, who value their 'A' National Rifle Association rating over the…"The best way to replace plastic bags is by making cloth and canvas ones. Cotton is a renewable resource.""Even if it is something as simple as using paper bags instead of plastic bags, every little bit counts.""The word sustainable has become a front word disguising ever more development, ever more environmental atrocity.""The solution, to my mind, is to educate the public about the harm that single-use plastic bags can inflict on the environment, not to ban the use of these bags through…