- The Black Mountain-based author discusses the conclusion of his acclaimed post-apocalyptic saga.A former business owner's musical theater debut. Plus, a live dating game for singles; a "trashy" art exhibition; and more.
- The local brewery's third Asheville taproom is its first with a kitchen.A riverside event with natural meat processing, fishing and camping. Plus, MANNA FoodBank's 40th; a different sort of supper club; and more.
- by Cory Thompson For nearly three decades, the Asheville-Buncombe Community Christian Medical Ministry has provided free and low-cost medical care for people who are uninsured or underinsured. During that time,…
- Xpress hits the streets for its new monthly feature.Between vapor tricks, an array of candy-like flavors and a surge in social media popularity, vaping grows more and more ubiquitous among teens and young adults, far exceeding its original…The Flat Iron Hotel will comprise 71 guest rooms and six suites, and feature a rooftop bar, a speakeasy cocktail bar and an upscale Italian eatery offering dishes made from…The popularity of composting is growing in Buncombe County, and government-sponsored food-scrap collection programs are helping some residents divert food waste from landfills.City leaders are considering tightening Asheville’s panhandling ordinances — which may include new regulations as to how and when drivers can give to roadside solicitors.
- "At what point do we give up the oxygen-sucking activity of railing against the past and focus on the battles before us here and now?""Both Jews and Blacks suffered due to white Christian bigotry, and this led to a certain amount of bonding."