We’ve cooked up some good reading for your long holiday weekend, so be sure to grab Xpress‘ latest issue — coming to distribution points starting the afternoon of Tuesday, Nov. 21 and in all locations by Wednesday, Nov. 22 — before the turkey coma sets in.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of this issue’s tasty treats:
- A look at how recent immigrants and Native Americans make the Thanksgiving holiday their own.
- Options for dining out on the holiday.
- Taprooms appear in unexpected places in Asheville.
- Tips for holiday shopping and entertainment.
- A journey back in time to Thanksgiving 1917 in Asheville.
- An innovative joint program between Warren Wilson College and Swannanoa Correctional Center for Women brings undergrads and inmates together for challenging college coursework.
- How one measure of air quality has improved across North Carolina, and how you can get involved to help gather data. Plus, the impact of air quality concerns on asthma sufferers.
- All the fun stuff you enjoy every week: local political cartoons, Freewill Astrology, the New York Times crossword puzzle, classifieds and more.
And, in case you missed them, here are some of Xpress‘ top stories from last week:
By Carolyn Morrisroe
By Thomas Calder
By Audra Goforth
By Jacqui Castle
By Jameson O’Hanlon
By Alli Marshall