Buncombe County libraries offer tax assistance
Tax Assistance at the Libraries 2014
Begins February 1, 2014
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide, in cooperation with the IRS, N.C. Dept. of Revenue, Council on Aging and Buncombe County Public Libraries is offering free tax preparations for taxpayers with low and moderate income, with special attention to those age 60 and older. This service will be available from February 1 through April 15. Both Federal and N.C. State returns will be electronically filed for safe and accurate preparation and faster refunds.
LOCATIONS AND HOURS:
Pack Memorial Library
67 Haywood Street, Downtown Asheville, 250-4700
Monday 10 am – 4 pm
Wednesday 10 am – 4 pm
Saturday 10:30am-2:30pm (except for 3/15)**
Free parking for the first hour at parking garage behind Pack Library
West Asheville Library
942 Haywood Road, Tel: 250-4750
Tuesday 9 am – 4 pm
41 North Main Street, Tel: 250-6482
Thursday 10 am – 4 pm
Black Mountain Library
105 N Dougherty Street, Tel: 250-4756
Tuesday 10 am – 4 pm
Questions and requests for homebound individuals can be directed to the Buncombe County Council on Aging at 277-8288.
**VITA tax assistance is provided by UNCA and will end on April 5.
TAXPAYERS SHOULD BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
· Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse.
· Social Security cards or equivalent for taxpayers and all dependents.
· Previous year’s (2012) tax return.
· W-2 forms from each employer.
· 1099 forms for income from Social Security, Pension, Interest, Dividends, Brokers/Mutual Funds, Miscellaneous Income, Gambling Winnings (Form W-2G) and any other income.
· Any other tax forms or information for both income and expenses
· Detailed list and receipts for Medical Expenses, Charitable Contributions, Real Estate Taxes, Mortgage Interest (Form 1098), if claiming itemized expenses.
· Any other tax forms or information for both income and expenses.
· A blank, voided check for direct deposit of any refund to your checking or savings account.