Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
- On Nov. 25, Zebulon Artisan Ales debuted Historical Imperial Stout (for Muhummad Ali). Made with floor-malted pale, brown and black malts from England, the 10 percent ABV brew replicates what imperial stout tasted like when it was sent to the Russian czars circa 1840. Bottle conditioned 750-milliliter cork-and-cage bottles cost $15 at the brewery and will be in bottle shops this week.
- As of Tuesday, Nov. 29, Lookout Brewing Co. is pouring Feelin’ Peachy Pale Ale (5.9 percent ABV) and Jive Turkey Pumpkin Ale (6.8 percent ABV).
- In addition to the return of Tin Cup Camp Stout (5.5 percent ABV) on Monday, Nov. 28, Burial Beer Co. releases Celestial Masters Oolong Tea Saison (5.1 percent ABV) — fermented with the brewery’s tropical house yeast and a half pound per barrel of Chinese oolong tea — on Tuesday, Nov. 29. Those will be followed by Hawkbill IPA (6 percent ABV) — hopped with Mosaic, El Dorado, Galaxy and Simcoe — on Wednesday, Nov. 30, and both Surf Wax IPA (6.8 percent ABV) — hopped with Mosaic, Citra, Centennial and Columbus — and The Discovery of Honey, a 5.2 percent ABV Gruit fermented on wildflower honey, on Friday, Dec. 2.
- On Thursday, Dec. 1, from 6:30-9 p.m., Basic Brewery releases ShareWell Coffee Porter, its Basic Porter infused with ShareWell Coffee.
- On Friday, Dec. 2, at 6 p.m., Blue Ghost Brewing Co. taps Jack Daniel’s Barrel-Aged Scotch Ale (10.2 percent ABV), which has been aging since May 2016.
- **NEW** As of Saturday, Dec. 3, Wicked Weed Brewing Aicha (6.4 percent ABV), a barrel-aged American sour ale fermented with green tea, toasted oolong tea and jasmine, is available on draft and in bottles at the Funkatorium.
- **NEW** As of Saturday, Dec. 3, Appalachian Vintner has 2012 Epic Brewing Co. Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout on draft.
- Bruisin’ Ales‘ free weekly tasting on Thursday, Dec. 1, from 5-7 p.m., features selections from Double Barley Brewing. Samples of Touche’ IPA, Double Dubbel, Sparkky’s Coffee Chocolate Milk Stout, Thrilla in Vanilla Porter and SteakCake Stout will be poured.
- Memberships to Hi-Wire Brewing’s RingMaster VIP Beer Club are now available. Members receive five sour and wild ale releases per year that are exclusive to RingMaster members, a barrel tasting of in-progress sour beers with brewers once during the year, 15 percent off all Hi-Wire merchandise purchases in both taprooms, free admission to any Hi-Wire event, a one-of-a-kind embroidered Hi-Wire T-shirt and custom glassware as well as the opportunity to purchase bottles and cans of all releases one day prior to the public release date. Year-long membership is $200. The deadline to sign up is Dec. 31 and space is limited to 100 people.