Scenes from a ball
• Who they are: Jennifer Shelton and Gregory Mayer
• What they’re wearing: On her, a red satin evening gown with matching stole; on him, a red-and-white pinstriped suit, red fedora, tie and pocket square.
• Why we love it: Jennifer and Greg were one of the most stylish couples at the Arts Council’s Red Ball, standing out among the throngs of Hawaiian shirts and crimson polyester sports coats. The coordinated gown and suit makes us wish there was prom night for adults.
• The Red Ball offered plenty of opportunity to act out fantasies and indulge in a little debauchery. Here, a Sheena-like jungle queen goes tribal in a red velvet loincloth.
• Catholic school girls (well, at least their uniforms) never go out of style. Red hair extensions complement an ultra-short skirt.
• A performer with Unified Fire Dance makes flame-retardant wear look hot. Of course, you can’t really go wrong with skintight leather and blazing accessories.