• Who he is: Paul Bearer of the Circus Street Orchestra
• What he’s wearing: A red bandana from his friend “Miss” Jonathan, a vest from his friend Sparrow over a lapis button-down, black pants and made-for-walking boots borrowed from “Big Al.”
• Why we love it: Paul proves that every man would do well to invest in a vest — either from Brooks Brothers or Goodwill, as long as it has that vintage taking-tea-in-the-parlor feel. The overall effect is rouge gentleman — a look Johnny Depp has been perfecting for decades.
Try this on
• Catch the 2nd Annual Gothic Fashion Extravaganza at Joli Rouge (130 College St., 350-1660) Saturday, Nov. 26 from 10 p.m.-3 a.m. Visit www.the5thcircle.com for info.
• Cute clothing alert: The Open Door Boutique (35 Haywood St., 254-8056) is stocking a great line of skirts, blazers and shrugs by Tulle. The label makes fun separates (the plaid skirts feature a tulle-trimmed hem and matching jackets) with great details (wide-wale corduroy and a sparkly button turn a casual blazer into evening wear) for affordable prices (jackets start around $42).
• Sayley Girl recently opened (195 Charlotte St., 225-5788) next to Rosebud Video. The small boutique, a new business by the owner of Street Fair, carries imported clothing, jewelry and more.