How to accessorize a wine glass
Spotted at the Asheville Downtown Association’s Nouveau Night celebration (Thursday, Nov. 17), these revelers both played dress-up in patchwork.
• Who she is: Katie Hild
• What she’s wearing: Pieced top purchased in a boutique in Winston-Salem
• Why we love it: Redhead Katie takes a cue from Pretty in Pink. The vintage-meets-import styling is a perfect mix of elegant mystery and holiday glam.
• Who he is: Michael Parker
• What he’s wearing: Dolce & Gabbana jacket
• Why we love it: Despite Michael’s claim that his designer coat, purchased a decade ago in San Francisco, “sounds hoity-toity,” this high-end hobo look has classic lines and a sense of humor.
Try this on
• The newly opened Beauty Bar (70 Wall St., 285-2992) carries makeup and skin-care products by Hakansson, Julie Hewett Los Angeles, Deep Steep and Paula Dorf Cosmetics, as well as Tweezerman personal-care tools and more — all in an elegantly cozy environment.
• German indie-crafters Baum Baum (www.gobaumbaum.com) fashion chic urban-oriented one-of-a-kind skirts, bags, scarves and more from unique fabrics and found thrift-store items. Rags Reborn Eco Chic Boutique (1 Walnut St., 253-4488) will hold a trunk show featuring Baum Baum designs on Saturday, Dec. 3, noon-5 p.m.