Press release from Jackson County Chamber of Commerce:
Due to the Governor’s announcement on Wednesday, June 24 to extend Phase 2 of Covid-19 restrictions until at least July 17, the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce has postponed the 11th season of Concerts on the Creek again until at least July 17.
The tentative new updated schedule is as follows:
- Friday, July 17 – Summer & Bray (Mountain Faith) (Bluegrass/Gospel)
- Saturday, July 18 – Bohemian Jean (Classic Hits & Originals)
- Friday, July 24 – Darren Nicholson Band (Classic Country/Bluegrass/Americana)
- Saturday, July 25 – Mile High Band (Classic Rock/Country)
- Friday, July 31 – Tuxedo Junction (Classic Hits)
- Saturday, Aug. 1 – Terri Lynn Queen, Tim Queen & Scott Baker (Classic Hits)
- Friday, August 7 – Dashboard Blue (Classic Hits)
- Saturday, August 8- Eleanor Underhill & Friends (Americana)
- Friday, August 14 – Jonah Riddle & Carolina Express (Bluegrass/Gospel)
- Saturday, August 15 – The Rewind House Band (Classic Rock Hits)
- Friday, August 21 – The Get Right Band (Funk/Rock)
- Saturday, August 22 – Shane Meade & The Sound (Soul/Rock/Funk)
- Friday, August 28 – Arnold Hill Band (Rock/Country/Americana)
- Saturday, August 29 – Keil Nathan Smith Band (Classic Rock/Country)
- Friday, Sept. 4: Daddy Rabbit (Blues/Rock)
- Saturday, Sept. 5 – SKA City (Ska/Two tone/Trojan rocksteady)
Organizers are awaiting the Governor’s lifting of restrictions on crowd gathering sizes due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Concerts on the Creek are typically held every Friday night from 7-9 p.m. at the Bridge Park in Sylva, from Memorial Day through Labor Day. This year’s series has been delayed due to Covid-19 and some postponed dates have now been rescheduled for some Saturdays later in the season.
Everyone is encouraged to bring a chair or blanket. These events are free but donations are encouraged. Dogs must be kept on a leash. No alcohol, smoking or coolers are allowed in the park.
Organizers will strongly suggest that everyone obeys safe Covid-19 practices, which include social distancing (staying at least 6 ft. apart), using hand sanitizer when possible, and wearing protective face coverings/masks.
These concerts are organized and produced by the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce, the Town of Sylva and the Jackson County Parks and Recreation Department.
For more information, call the chamber at 828-586-2155, visit www.mountainlovers.com/concerts-on-the-creek or Concerts on the Creek’s Facebook page.