Press release from UNC Asheville:
UNC Asheville’s Department of Art and Art History will hold its annual two-day Spring Art Sale from 4–7 p.m. on Friday, April 27, and 10 a.m.–2 p.m. on Saturday, April 28, in the S. Tucker Cooke Gallery, located on the ground floor of Owen Hall on campus. The sale is open to the public.
A wide variety of functional and decorative pottery, drawings, prints, paintings, photography, glass and sculpture crafted by UNC Asheville students will be on sale with pieces beginning at $5. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Department of Art and Art History.
Gallery Shows and Art Events
• Now through April 24 – BFA Senior Exhibition, Historically Apathetic, paintings by Huan Vida LaPlante. Gallery hours 9 a.m.-6 p.m. weekdays at S. Tucker Cooke Gallery in Owen Hall on campus.
• April 26 – Kat Knutsen and Loving Vincent – Knutsen, a UNC Asheville graduate who was one of the animators on Loving Vincent, the award-winning film about Van Gogh, will discuss her work from noon-1 p.m. in Owen Hall Room 237. That evening, she will screen Loving Vincent and take questions on it, beginning at 6 p.m. in Rhoades Robinson Hall Room 125.
• Now through April 27 – Visiting Alumni Exhibition, One Gold Song, rag rug hooked abstracts by Celia Gray. Gallery hours 9 a.m.-6 p.m. weekdays in the Owen Hall Second Floor Gallery on campus.
• Now through May 4 – 51st Annual UNC Asheville Juried Student Exhibition, juried by Professor of Art Robert Tynes. Gallery hours 10 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays at Asheville Area Arts Council, 207 Coxe Ave., Asheville.
• April 30-May 12 – BA Group Exhibition of works in many media by UNC Asheville Bachelor of Arts students. Gallery hours 9 a.m.-6 p.m. weekdays in both Owen Hall galleries. Reception with the artists from 6-8 p.m. on Friday, May 4.
These art exhibitions and receptions are free and open to everyone. For more information, visit art.unca.edu or call 828.251.6559.