Dear Community Supporters of ZaPow,
At approximately 8:15pm on the night of November 18, ZaPow was flooded by water pouring in from the building’s indoor garage caused by drainage from the construction next door.
Here is a video of the hundreds of gallons of water that filled the entirety of ZaPow.
In the mean time…
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 21st
ARTIST SIDEWALK SALE
THE GALLERY IS IN RECONSTRUCTION BUT WE STILL HAVE A SIDEWALK.
IF YOU LOVE ZAPOW & you want to help:
- Come to ZaPow between 1:00pm & 6:00pm on Saturday November 21st.
- Art will be displayed on the sidewalk
- ZaPow Artists will be on hand to talk to you about their creations and sign things to you.
- Watch ZaPow artists draw and paint on the spot
- BUY some Christmas presents! Art sales are the best way for us to get through this challenge. We will have gifts from $5 – $5,00
There will be balloons and we look forward to a fun day.
Here is the official FACEBOOK EVENT:
MORE ABOUT THE FLOOD:
Gallery Co-Owner and Creative Director, Lauren Patton, was on site when water poured into ZaPow from 21 Battery Park Avenue’s interior garage.
Art was moved out of harms way and Servpro was on the scene within hours with industrial water removal machines and dehumidifiers.
On Thursday, November 19 Servpro removed all baseboards on every wall, treated the base of the walls (approximately 6 inches) with an environmentally safe antimicrobial spray made from Essential Oil of Thyme.
On Friday, November 20 Servpro is removing the destroyed baseboards, sweeping, and using shop vacuums to remove the dry wall dust caused by the removal of the baseboards.
It isn’t that successful people never meet adversity, it’s that they bounce up swinging when they do.
Thank you for being a part of ZaPow.
Lauren Patton, MFA