Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to email@example.com.
Bottle and can releases
- Hi-Wire Brewing has launched two new series of packaged products. The Local Lager series’ first release, Bohemian Dark Lager (5.2% ABV), is available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans and on draft. Meanwhile, Blueberry Mango Sour Smoothie (5.5% ABV), made with 100 pounds of fruit per barrel, kicks off the Sour Smoothie Series. A limited amount of four-packs of 16-ounce cans are available across Hi-Wire’s distribution footprint, and the beer is also on draft in Hi-Wire taprooms.
- Burial Beer Co. debuts three new packaged releases on Friday, Jan. 17. Display of Vulgarities DIPA (8.5% ABV), double dry-hopped with Mosaic, Vic’s Secret and El Dorado, will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $19; Gang of Blades DIPA (8.3% ABV), hopped with Citra, Simcoe, El Dorado and Amarillo Cryo, will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $18; and A Righteousness All for Naught Imperial Stout with Peanut Butter, Cocoa Nibs, and Tahitian Vanilla (15% ABV) will be available in 500 milliliter bottles for $18. All three releases will be available exclusively at the taproom, where they will also be on draft.
- Twin Leaf Brewery releases Bill for the Berry (5.4% ABV) on Friday, Jan. 17. The kettle sour is made with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and boysenberries grown on-site in the brewery’s beer garden. It will be available in 500 milliliter bottles for $9.95 each and on draft.
- **NEW** New Belgium Brewing Co. releases Voodoo Ranger American Haze IPA (5% ABV), dry-hopped with Strata, Amarillo and HBC 522, on Saturday, Jan. 18. It will be available in six-packs of 12-ounce cans and on draft.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Highland Brewing Co. is currently pouring Walk on the Mild Side (4.6% ABV), a British dark mild.
- Ginger’s Revenge is currently pouring a Pomegranate Dry-hopped ginger beer and will tap a Honey Chamomile ginger beer on Sunday, Jan. 19.
- DSSOLVR is currently pouring Holding These Alligators Down (3.8% ABV), described as “somewhere between a Brown Ale and a Kölsch” and “effectively a Schwarzbier brewed with ale yeast,” and Uncle Crunchy (4.6% ABV), a Kellerbier lightly hopped with Perle and Hallertau Blanc. They’ll be joined this weekend by Are Teeth Bones? (6% ABV), an IPA hopped with Simcoe and Meridian.
- The Whale and Wicked Weed Brewing release their collaborative Bouton de Whale, Blend 2 – Don’t Call it a Humpback on Thursday, Jan. 16. The blend of spontaneously-fermented stock with multiple years of blonde sour stock seeks to emulate the flavor profiles of a Gueuze. A portion of proceeds from sales will be donated to MountainTrue’s French Broad Riverkeeper initiative.
- Catawba Brewing Co. taps Key Lime White Stout on Thursday, Jan. 16, at all four of its taprooms.
- Burning Blush Brewery has three new releases on Friday, Jan. 17: A Long Walk Shortened By Two (9.3% ABV), a Bier de Garde fermented with a blend of Irish ale and French saison yeast; Hurt Me with the Word Goodbye (5.3% ABV), an ESB fermented on English ale yeast with water adjusted to mimic brewing water in England; and Here for the Right Reasons (5.3% ABV), a session IPA double dry-hopped with Citra, Simcoe and Sultana.
- Bhramari Brewing Co. celebrates its fourth anniversary on Wednesday, Jan. 15. All house draft beers are $3 throughout the day.