Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bottle and can releases
- Archetype Brewing Co. has a dual can release on Thursday, Jan. 17, at noon. Unruly Mystic Coffee Porter (5.9 percent ABV) will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans for $12 and Shoulder Devil DIPA (9 percent ABV) will be sold in four-packs of 12-ounce cans for $14. Customers are invited to stop by starting at 11 a.m. to watch the canning process.
- **NEW** On Friday, Jan. 18, Sideways Farm & Brewery releases Sideways Snowstorm (4.4 percent ABV). Instead of featuring an addition of orange and coriander, the Belgian-style witbier was fermented for two days on a yeast known to impart characteristics of an orange, then transferred to another fermenter where a second yeast was added to develop a spicy character. It will be available in take-home bottles and sold as individual pours at the taproom.
- Burial Beer Co. has a triple can release on Saturday, Jan. 19, at noon. Liturgy of the Forever Silenced DIPA (10 percent ABV), double dry-hopped with Nelson, Citra, Motueka and Enigma; Deliver Us To Evil (10 percent ABV), a blend of barrel-aged porter and young imperial stout, aged with cocoa nibs, dates, cinnamon, ancho, arbol and guajillo; and The Ballad of Chaos Baklava Imperial Brown (8.8 percent ABV), brewed with vanilla, cinnamon, honey, lactose, pistachios and rose will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans and on draft.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Oskar Blues Brewery releases Experimental Tart – Blonde and Experimental Tart – Red on Tuesday, Jan. 15, followed by Interstate SMaSH Express, Idaho 7 on Thursday, Jan. 17.
- UpCountry Brewing Co. taps Hazy Love DIPA (9.3 percent ABV), hopped with Citra, Ahtanum and Galena, on Wednesday, Jan. 16, at its West Asheville location and Thursday, Jan. 17, at its Brevard taproom.
- **NEW** Homeplace Beer Co. is currently pouring a Coffee Blonde (5.3 percent ABV) and Red Dot Rye IPA (6.8 percent ABV), hopped with Simcoe, Columbus and Equanot.
- On Thursday, Jan. 17, Pisgah Brewing Co. releases this year’s version of Butcher Babe Smoked Porter. The beer was brewed in honor of Foothills Butcher Bar, whose team contributed to the beverage by smoking Pisgah’s organic barley with mixed oak and hickory for four days. It will make its debut at the Black Mountain Butcher Bar and then be available exclusively at Pisgah’s taproom and at the Butcher Bars in West Asheville and Black Mountain.
- Catawba Brewing Co. taps an India Pale Lager on Thursday, Jan. 17, at all four of its locations.
- **NEW** Eurisko Beer Co. releases Bastogne Abbey Ale (6.5 percent ABV) on Thursday, Jan. 17. The beer was made with malts exclusively from Riverbend Malt House, Crystal hops from Crosby Hop Farm and WLP510 Bastogne Belgian Ale Yeast from White Labs, which will debut the beer Jan. 17, at 5 p.m., to commemorate the neighborhood collaboration, complete with a special pairing menu. The beer will be available at Eurisko starting Friday, Jan. 18.
- **NEW** Hillman Beer is currently pouring Britney’s Beers (4.4 percent ABV), a hazy beer made with Nelson Sauvin hops.
- On Friday, Jan. 18, Highland Brewing Co. releases Irregardless (8.2 percent ABV), a black IPA brewed with Chinook, Simcoe, Summit and Mosaic hops, then dry hopped with Denali and Mosaic.
- Ginger’s Revenge unveils a Plum and Green Tea ginger beer on Sunday, Jan. 20.
- One World Brewing West hosts a benefit concert on Sunday, Jan. 20, at 7 p.m. Local musicians Rachel Waterhouse, CaroMia Tiller, April Bennett, Ashley Heath, Amanda Hollifield Gardner, Laura Blackley, Eleanor Underhill, Nicole Nicolopoulos, Cary Fridley, Hope Griffin, Debrissa McKinney, Soleil Sunshine LeBlanc and Kate Smith will perform. Tickets are $5 and 100 percent of proceeds will go towards the Equal Rights Amendment – North Carolina Alliance. The fundraiser is in addition to One World’s month-long campaign for the Pink Boots Society, which receives a portion of sales from Citra Bomb IPA at the brewery’s downtown location and Mango Berliner Weisse at its West Asheville location.