Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bottle and can releases
- Sideways Farm & Brewery releases 2019 English Barleywine (12.1% ABV) on Friday, Nov. 8. The beer was aged for 14 months, is unfiltered and naturally carbonated by refermentation in bottles with local wildflower honey. It will be available in 750 milliliter bottles and small pours.
- Hi-Wire Brewing releases Raspberry Mocha Strongman Coffee Milk Stout (5.3% ABV), on Friday, Nov. 8. The special edition of Strongman Coffee Milk Stout was brewed with raspberries and cocoa nibs from French Broad Chocolates. It will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans and see full distribution.
- Bhramari Brewing Co. releases Electric Messiah (8.5% ABV), a DIPA hopped with Idaho 7 and Ella, and Rhymes with Purple (5.4% ABV), a Berliner Weisse brewed with boysenberry, elderberry, black currant, raspberry, blackberry and blueberry, on Friday, Nov. 8. Both beers will be available in four-packs of 16-ounce cans.
- Sweeten Creek Brewing releases 2019 Stout Season (6% ABV), brewed with cocoa and lactose, on Friday, Nov. 8. It will be available in six-packs of 12-ounce cans and on draft.
- Archetype Brewing releases Cleopatra Complex Barrel-Aged Peach Saison (8.8% ABV) on Saturday, Nov. 9, at both of its taprooms. The triple-fermented, wine barrel-aged, mixed-culture peach saison was aged for 11 months with Brettanomyces yeast and will be available in 375 milliliter bottles for $9. A small amount will be available on draft.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Thirsty Monk Brewery is currently pouring 2×4 Lager (5% ABV), brewed with 100% Riverbend Malt House malt, at both of its locations and 2×4 Brewpub.
- Ginger’s Revenge is currently pouring a Cranberry Herb ginger beer (4.5% ABV), a blend with cranberry juice, sage, rosemary and thyme, and on Sunday, Nov. 10, will release a Pomegranate Dry-Hopped ginger beer(5% ABV), featuring tart pomegranate combined with floral, citrus notes from Loral hops.
- Catawba Brewing Co. releases Black Sheep Maple Pecan Stout on Thursday, Nov. 7, at all four of its taprooms. $1 per pint sold will be donated to the The Pisgah Conservancy for for the following four weeks.
- **NEW** Wedge Brewing Co. taps 2019 Vadim Bora Russian Imperial Stout (8.6% ABV) on Thursday, Nov. 7, at both of its locations.
- **NEW** Whistle Hop Brewing Co. is currently pouring Cherry Rye Smoked Scotch Ale.
- Oskar Blues Brewery taps R.E.D. Ale (Remember Everyone Deployed) on Monday, Nov. 11. $1 from each pint sold will be donated to the Veterans History Museum of the Carolinas.
- The Whale taps a few special kegs from St. Louis-based Perennial Artisan Ales on Thursday, Nov. 7, 6-10 p.m.