- The N.C. Music Hall of Fame recognizes four honorees this year with ties to Western North Carolina.Black Mountain will explore some of the town's ghost stories with downtown walking tours. Plus, FIND Outdoors presents The Legend of Tommy Hodges, a local artist tackles the pandemic with…
- In the aftermath of Tropical Storm Fred, Gaining Ground Farm lost 85% of what was in the ground and about 30% of its gross revenue for the season. Despite the…, BBQ fest on the river and Contrada is back in business on Wall Street
- Members of the public can anonymously dispose of unused or expired opioid medications at HCA Healthcare’s Crush the Crisis events at various locations. Local law enforcement agencies are partnering with…
- With the number of visitors expected to reach new highs, residents and local officials worried about housing issues for Asheville's 1920 summer tourists.Teaching children to ride a bike can be nerve-racking for parents and kids alike. And Asheville mom Emi Kubota, a longtime cyclist, realized that while a lot of classes existed…The amount of money brought in by these short-term rentals in Buncombe County during the first half of this year was up 131% compared with STR revenue for January through…The development will include 186 residential units, along with roughly 4,500 square feet of commercial and retail space, approximately 230 parking spaces in an underground garage and six parking spaces…
- "Many people are definitely homeless because they can’t afford sewer hookups, septic tanks, leach fields or the land to put them in, and I don’t think they deserve this environmental…"The point of this letter is to possibly begin a local discussion about what life would be like if we stopped using money.""Why can’t we have both? Sensible development with a conscience?""Absolutely the Asheville Police Department should be allowed gas, if necessary, for crowd control!""I gave it my all to make sure that there would not be another family that turns back a quarter-mile into a trail, all because they could not understand the…"Beneath the roar of doom and gloom, an undercurrent of bold actions by our national government is revitalizing Western North Carolina."