- The marching band and dance team had over 10,000 kids participate, 1977-2019, including a few who've started their own performance groups.Local artists will compete in the inaugural Great Pottery Throwdown to raise money for All Together Art. Plus, a retired Mars Hill religion professor launches a podcast, Asheville plans a…
- The Brawls at the Brewery series has sparked a collaboration that continues to evolve.Gourmand owners Katie Grabach and Peyton Barrell want to bring Paris' popular cave à manger dining experience to Asheville's historic S&W Market. Also, a new owner joins All Souls Pizza;…
- The Veteran Medical Transport ambulance for Charles George VA Medical Center will provide transportation between facilities and after hospitalization.Spring is nearly here, but slow your roll when it comes to planting. Oh, and those snakes you saw in the garden? More than likely they're friends, not foes.
- To commemorate Black History Month, Xpress asked longtime Asheville residents to share their memories of the three historic African American sites.The “aesthetic treatments” approved as part of the package include improved lighting, safety railing, pedestrian and bike surfaces and monument pillars.Summit Search Solutions described itself in its proposal as a “boutique” search firm that specializes in education.
From Asheville Watchdog: National consultant offers ‘road map’ to end homelessness in Asheville … againLocal advocates say they are skeptical that yet another study will make a difference.
- "I propose a less violent method of capturing out-of-control people who may be suffering a mental psychotic break, drug- or alcohol-induced episode.""How about the Pirates relocating to Asheville if the Tourists bolt?""Lots of people in our region and state could be cured so easily if we take the steps to make this happen locally and show them the way.""I am concerned with the 'power' that the government would have to 'regulate' Airbnbs.""It would be an open invitation to violate people’s First, Fourth and 14th amendment rights.""What we can’t do is continue pretending that headlines, hand-wringing, a lack of diverse thinking, anger, studies, politicians, enabling and spending other people’s money will create the solutions."