Join the Blackbird Restaurant in Black Mountain on Wednesday, Feb 2, for an evening of Pisgah and Pig, another installation in the restaurant’s farm-dinner series. It’s hard to get much better on a weekday evening than six courses of Old Fort’s Foothills Family Farms pastured pork paired with six different Pisgah Brewing Company craft brews.
The menu for the evening is as follows:
• Split pea and ham soup with pig ear cracklins — Endless Summer Ale
• Crispy pork belly with creamy wild mushroom grits — Pisgah Pale Ale
• House-smoked baby back ribs with spicy slaw — Pisgah Porter
• Pig trotter pasta — Helles Lager
• Sorgham-glazed pork tenderloin with buttermilk mash — Pisgah Solstice
• Caramel-bacon ice cream — Pisgah Valdez Coffee Stout
The farmers and brewers will be on hand to greet guests and answer questions about their crafts, and music will be provided by the Honeycutters.
Seating for Pisgah and Pig is limited and advanced reservations are required. Cost is $40 per person. Dinner begins at 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit the restaurant’s website or call 669-5556.
The Blackbird Restaurant is located at 10 E. Market St. in the Village of Cheshire in Black Mountain.