Caldwell Arts Council
601 College Ave. SW, Lenoir, 754-2486
• Through WE (12/23) – “Satie’s Holiday Sale,” 75 crafters and artists exhibiting. Mon.-Fri.: 9am-6pm. Sat.: 10am-3pm. Free to attend.
Dancing, Drums, and Dreams Benefit
• TH (12/31), 8:30pm – Tickets to this New Year’s Eve celebration with music by Free Planet Radio and Kevin Spears benefit Eliada Home and Asheville Rhythm. $44/$39 advance. Held at Eliada Home, 2 Compton Drive
Deck the Trees Benefit
• Through TH (12/31) – Proceeds from this exhibition of decorated Christmas trees benefit the Swannanoa Valley Christian Ministries. Free to attend. Held at Monte Vista Hotel, 308 W. State St., Black Mountain
Provides services to victims of domestic violence and their families in Buncombe County. Info: 254-2968.
• Through TH (12/31) – Proceeds from Christmas tree ornament sales benefit Helpmate. Free to attend. Held at Ben’s Tune-Up, 195 Hilliard Ave.
N.C. Arboretum Winter Lights
• Through SA (1/2), 6-10pm – Proceeds from this walking tour of the holiday animated light display benefit N.C. Arboretum programs, exhibits, and facilities year-round. $18/$16 children. Held at N.C. Arboretum, 100 Frederick Law Olmsted Way
Reindeer Run 5K
• TH (12/24), 9am – Proceeds from this 5k run benefit the Jones Family Scholarship high school seniors in Henderson County high schools. $25. Held at North Henderson High School, 35 Fruitland Road, Hendersonville
Lake Julian Festival of Lights
• Through WE (12/23), 6-9pm – Driving tour of Lake Julian’s holiday lights. $5 per car/$10 per van/$25 per motor coach. Held at Lake Julian Park, 406 Overlook Road Ext., Arden
Buncombe County Public Libraries
Free unless otherwise noted.
• SATURDAYS (12/5) through (12/26), 2pm – North Asheville Library Film Series: “Do They Know it’s Christmas?” Featuring In Bruges, Edward Scissorhands, Brazil and Less Than Zero. Held at North Asheville Library, 1030 Merrimon Ave.
2050 Blowing Rock Hwy., Linville, 733-4337, grandfather.com
• Through TH (12/31) – Registration for New Year’s Day sunrise at Grandfather Mountain. Register: 733-4326. $10 plus general park admission.
Francis Asbury United Methodist Church
725 Asbury Road, Candler, 667-3950, faumc.com
• TH (12/24), 5pm – 1800s candlelight Christmas Eve service. Free.
Trinity Episcopal Church
60 Church St., 253-9361
• TH (12/24), 3pm – Christmas pageant. Free.
Montford Park Players
• Through WE (12/23), 7:30pm – A Christmas Carol. $10. Held at Asheville Masonic Temple, 80 Broadway
NC Stage Company
15 Stage Lane, 239-0263
• TH (12/23), 7:30pm – All is Calm: The Christmas Truce of 1914, readings and traditional patriotic and holiday songs from WWI. $16-$36.
• SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS (12/19) through (12/27), 2pm & 7:30pm – All is Calm: The Christmas Truce of 1914, readings and traditional patriotic and holiday songs from WWI. $16-$36.
Care Partners Foundation
• Through TH (12/24) – Volunteers needed for gift wrap station at Asheville Outlets. Registration required.
• Through WE (12/23) – Volunteers needed to staff 3-hour shifts at the St. Nicholas Project toy store. Contact for more information: 777-3383.