From The Writers’ Workshop:
Literary Fiction Contest
Deadline: Postmarked by August 30, 2017.
The Writers’ Workshop, a non-profit organization, is sponsoring a Fiction Contest, open to all writers regardless of residence. For more information, go to www.twwoa.org, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1st Place: Your choice of a 2-night stay at The Mountain Muse B&B in Asheville; or 3 free online workshops; or 50 pages line-edited and revised by our editorial staff
- 2nd Place: A one-night stay at our B&B, or two free workshops; or 35 pages line-edited
- 3rd Place: One free workshop, or 25 pages line-edited
- 10 Honorable Mentions
● Submit a short story or chapter of a novel of 5,000 words or less. Multiple entries are accepted. All work must be unpublished.
● Pages should be paper clipped, with your name, address, phone and title of work on a cover sheet. Double-space, and use 12 point font.
● The entry fee per submission is $25.
● Enclose self-addressed stamped envelope for critique and list of winners, if sending by mail.
● Make check or money order payable to The Writers’ Workshop, and mail to: Fiction Contest, 387 Beaucatcher Road, Asheville, NC 28805.
The Renbourne Editorial Agency (renbourne.com) provides expert assistance with revising and editing memoirs, fiction or creative non-fiction. We use a fine-tooth comb to ready your work for publication, in person or online.
We also provide writing coaches to help organize and ready your work for publication, in person or online. Please contact us at email@example.com, or call 828-254-8111 to discuss our services in further detail.
(The Renbourne Agency is affiliated with The Writers’ Workshop, a non-profit literary center founded in 1985).