Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow is the one-stop home for Asheville-area beer news. Check back throughout the week for updates and send your own to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bottle and can releases
- **NEW** New cans of Hi-Wire Brewing Hazy & Juicy & Hoppy & Fresh IPA are available starting Wednesday, Dec. 5, at both of its Asheville taprooms. The current batch was double dry-hopped with Simcoe and Nelson Sauvin and brewed a touch of lactose. Four-packs of 16-ounce cans cost $15 and will see limited distribution.
- Sideways Farm & Brewery releases Roselle Saison (5.7 percent ABV) on Friday, Dec. 7. The traditional saison features a hint of tartness and color from Roselle Hibiscus grown on the brewery’s property.
- Noble Cider releases this year’s batch of The Friar Fig (8.5 percent ABV) fig cider on Friday, Dec. 7. It will be available in 500 milliliter bottles and on draft.
- Archetype Brewing Co. holds its first bottle release on Saturday, Dec. 8. Holiday Beer (7.35 percent ABV) is a dark saison made with the brewery’s house winter spice blend. It will be available in 500 milliliter bottles for $8 each and on draft.
Small-batch beers and ciders
- Burial Beer Co. has two releases this week. The Allure of Total Darkness Dark Sour with Butternut Squash (7.2 percent ABV), which was aged in bourbon barrels for 10 months, then additionally aged on cinnamon, clove, allspice, chai spices, maple syrup and local fire-roasted butternut squash, will be tapped on Tuesday, Dec. 4. Then on Friday, Dec. 7, a fresh batch of The Plague IPA with Brettanomyces (6 percent ABV), hopped with Mosaic, Vic’s Secret and Mandarina hops, will be available.
- **NEW** On Wednesday, Dec. 5, Wedge Brewing Co. releases an Altbier (5 percent ABV) and Sports! Lite American Lager (3.9 percent ABV) at its Foundation location.
- Catawba Brewing Co. releases a Mole Porter on Thursday, Dec. 6, at all four of its taprooms.
- The Whale taps kegs of Santilli IPA and Whirlpool New England Pale Ale from Everett, Mass.-based Night Shift Brewing on Tuesday, Dec. 4.
- On Saturday, Dec. 8, noon-close, Thirsty Monk hosts a Winter Brew Night at both of its locations. Taplists of the seasonal brews at each establishment are available online.
- On Sunday, Dec. 9, Ginger’s Revenge releases Cranberry Herb ginger beer.