- ASHEVILLE, N.C.When it comes to furnishing and decorating an abode, Ashevilleans also vary in taste and style. Xpress spoke to The Regeneration Station and the Shelter Design Studio for ideas.RiverLink’s annual festivities take place July 20 on the French Broad River and at New Belgium Brewing Co.The creative team of Kevin Boggs and Max Murray reflect on their rock band's terrifically cohesive "Domestic Bliss."The New York City-based stand-up performs at LaZoom Room on July 19 and 20.The 36th annual celebration of dance, music and culture from around the world runs July 18-28 across Western North Carolina.Ultimately, Franti chooses to lend his name and support to efforts backed by passion: “At the end of the day, it’s just [about] finding people who are passionate about the…The 72nd annual fair returns to the U.S. Cellular Center, July 18-21.Outdoor theater remains the best way to experience the Robin Hood stories, and the amphitheater’s setting, full of the sounds of nature, adds to the overall enjoyment of the play.
- Western North Carolina's mountain views beckon home cooks to head outside.Complex and varied, vermouths are becoming more than just a cocktail component. Local wine shop owners say the fortified wine is gaining popularity as a standalone beverage.Peppers take center stage for the inaugural Pepperpalooza, hosted by the West Asheville Tailgate Market. Also: Lookout Brewing Co. throws its annual wild game potluck; The Red Rocker Inn hosts…
- Last year, Asheville joined only seven other cities in North Carolina to earn recognition from the National Wildlife Federation as a certified Community Wildlife Habitat. Area gardeners from Bee City…While Swedish death cleaning hasn't generated anything like the attention generated by Japanese home organizing phenom Marie Kondo, the approach has gained some adherents in Western North Carolina.The two-day event will offer guided, educational tours of the flower fields, pottery studio and wood-fired kiln along with other activities.
- Billed as America’s first planned community, Grovemont-on-Swannanoa was depicted as a place to escape the crowded city in order to live among lakes, parks and floral gardens.Despite relatively restrictive ordinances prohibiting the rental of entire houses for stays of less than 30 days — and a $500-per-day fine for violators — hundreds of illegal rentals still…ASHEVILLE, N.C.As part of our Home Style Issue, we scrolled through Instagram looking for local handles that focus on home decor and design. Below are some of the highlights we discovered.“Many people come in and have an idea of what kind of house they want: an older home like a Victorian or Arts and Crafts, a bungalow, a ranch, midcentury…
- "Everyone knows that under the liberal ruling Democratic Party in Buncombe, the former county manager robbed the county blind. Now the new sheriff in Buncombe has already said he will…"What I watched in the park [recently] was saddening. Neither side was 'right,' yet both were compelled to shout their version of the truth.""I see this as just another cog in the ever-growing cloud machine that is turning Asheville into a franchised, syndicated city, instead of a place with its own unique roots…"Apparently, if locals want answers, they should demand them at the next election, which, I understand has been put off for another year."