- Well Played and The Kingmaker's Draft owners discuss the challenges of providing tabletop recreation during a pandemic.Synth duo Orgatroid crafts ethereal, deep-groove synthesizer music, while Adi the Monk makes instrumental guitar-based soulful jazz/blues/funk. Even with pandemic-related shutdowns, both Asheville-based acts have new releases.The Fairview-based artist examines women's roles in society; plus information on upcoming works, contests and the return of movie theater popcorn.
- Local contractors say kitchen remodels have seen a significant uptick since stay-at-home orders went into effect this spring.The West Asheville establishment's new head brewer discusses her quick but well-earned rise at the brewery.
- Despite a lack of definitive evidence that COVID-19 can spread through heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, residential and commercial property owners are looking for ways to preemptively protect themselves…
- Despite high unemployment and ongoing uncertainties related to the pandemic, Asheville’s real estate market is booming. Local agents and lenders say a majority of their new clients are leaving densely…
Asheville Archives: Real estate interests raise funds to establish the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, 1926In 1926, North Carolina and Tennessee needed to raise $1 million as part of a federal prerequisite for the establishment of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. As the deadline…“Folks are really starting to get weary of the pattern of hurricanes and extreme weather and are looking for more stable environments such as Western North Carolina,” says local real…The looming eviction crisis has threatened renters for months, teasing tenants with temporary relief measures that end just when cash-strapped residents need them the most. In North Carolina, up to…Per the joint city and county resolution that established the group, a “recommendation regarding the removal and/or repurposing of the Vance Monument" must be delivered to Asheville City Council and…Nearly 1,050 households have received over $453,000 in emergency assistance from the fund for necessities such as housing, utilities and transportation. And roughly $853,000 has been loaned to 92 area…
- "This is a call to action for the citizens of North Carolina to contact their legislators and demand a necessary change to support 100% renewable energy by 2050.""No one foresaw the COVID-19 pandemic, a condition that has now made Medicare for All a much more urgent issue.""She is a breath of fresh air for our state, clearly up to facing our fiercest challenges.""Parvin’s article is not relevant to most people's experience living in Asheville at this time.""[T]he residents of the 11th District deserve someone who will put the integrity of the U.S. Constitution and the interests of the people of Western North Carolina first.""I wonder if Thom Tillis and Richard Burr would like to go down in history as the senators who let our country to lose its valued form of government.""Asheville residents struggle to buy houses here because of stagnant wages, under- and unemployment, and ballooning home prices due to folks from other places buying homes 'sight unseen.'""I am a student at UNC Asheville, and I have witnessed firsthand the prompt measures that the university has taken to ensure our safety."