- “I am extremely grateful for my husband Greg’s culinary skills. He’s been awesome at planning and cooking creative menus throughout the pandemic. At work, I’m glad to be learning some…After nearly a decade, the Wilma Dykeman Legacy has found a permanent use for the author's former childhood home. In fall 2021, UNC Asheville intends to launch the site as…“I’m very grateful for the love and support from my community of friends. If not for them, I might have lost my mind completely this year. In my professional work,…The itinerant singer/songwriter and the Asheville-based musical collective took decidedly different paths in crafting their latest works.
- “Launching my own business during a global pandemic was one of the best things I have done. It has taught me a great deal about who I am and ignited…“Grind is grateful for the opportunity to hold space in such a historic spot [on Depot Street, which runs through the historically Black Southside community]. For years, our people have…“It’s been a rough and scary year with the normal avenues for selling our produce turned on their ear. But the meaningful relationships we had with some of our chefs…“I’m incredibly grateful for the community that Sawhorse has managed to cultivate, both among our guests and our staff. Our guests have been overwhelmingly supportive and understanding throughout the pandemic,…“Gratitude is something that takes cultivating in times like these when business owners like me are navigating huge changes. It is good to have people around you to help you…From work pod parties to outdoor dining with friends, Asheville chefs and restaurant owners are finding new ways to celebrate Thanksgiving in 2020.Menu options, order deadlines and pickup details for a few Asheville-area Thanksgiving takeout feasts.
- "I think we are all looking forward to a time that we can be with families and friends again without worry of possibly getting them sick. That day is not…
- Community activist Rob Thomas shares what he is grateful for this Thanksgiving.Throughout 1955, local and national newspapers praised Wilma Dykeman's debut book, The French Broad. A work of nonfiction, it earned the inaugural Thomas Wolfe Memorial Literature Award in October of…"A message of hope? America’s success equation is liberty + opportunity + responsibility = prosperity. More people than not understand we can’t leave out pieces and produce the same outcome."With Asheville's only day shelter for people who are homeless undergoing renovations, and overnight options unable to admit those in need of short-term shelter due to the pandemic, “For people…Jodie Williams, a teacher at Bell’s School for People Under Six in Fletcher, recently received a Henderson County award for supporting student health and wellness through gardening. But with many…As newly elected Asheville City Council members Sandra Kilgore, Sage Turner and Kim Roney embark on a new chapter of civic leadership following a close race, they inherit controversial priorities…Callers expressed their frustration after Mayor Esther Manheimer announced Asheville City Council would not discuss the creation of a $1 million reparations fund at its Nov. 10 meeting.
- "I think reparations are a wonderful idea — just as soon as you give us back our land!""Saw Cawthorn’s three-word comment on winning Meadows’ seat.""Madison can choose to follow his idol’s path, fanning the flames of hatred, or he can lead by listening, respecting and working for us all.""No matter how much you find the Vance Monument offensive, it is at least equally offensive to those who have an appreciation of Gov. Vance for the difficult job he…