- On Sunday, July 1, Momentum Gallery will debut its exhibit, Reflections, as part of Summer of Glass series.Heynderickx and her band will perform at The Grey Eagle on Saturday, June 30 . The show is part of her first tour across the U.S. — she's done two…The Asheville Zine Fest now fills a regional need, attracting some 300 guests and 40 vendors, including notable local authors like F.T. Lukens.Western North Carolina towns exude charm throughout the year, but on Independence Day they take that appeal to another level. That tradition continues in 2018 with streets and parks across the mountains…The Head and the Heart co-frontman plays a solo show June 28 at Ambrose West.Andrew Scotchie & the River Rats debut their third album, Family Dynamo, and Doc Aquatic launches Shadowless Man. Both shows are scheduled for Friday, June 29; the River Rats play…The one-woman play about Rebecca Boone comes to the Folk Art Center on June 30.The 48th annual festival starts June 30 and offers a new program each weekend at Warren Wilson College and Waynesville's First United Methodist Church.The Puppeteers of America Southeast Regional Festival runs June 28-July 1 at Warren Wilson College and the Sly Grog Lounge.With 'The Love List' we are reminded that the perfect person doesn’t exist, and it's often our flaws that make us unique and lovable.
- After establishing themselves over a two-year period, the pair of neighborhood breweries are making significant moves to grow their businesses.Local butchers and chefs have weighed in with some meaty ideas — and several plant-based ones, as well — for taking your summer grill game up a notch.TreeRock Social Cider House and Ivory Road Cafe & Kitchen team up for an afternoon of sweets and drinks. Also: Dobra Tea Black Mountain announces closing date, Shrimp at the…The weekendlong fundraiser to rebuild and repair Chimney Rock Village takes place July 6-8 at Hickory Nut Gorge Brewery.
- Horticulture therapy helps people of all ages learn life skills as well as recover from mental and physical challenges. Hendersonville's Bullington Gardens are home to the BOOST gardening program, which…As shifting weather patterns begin to affect WNC, new gardening strategies and hardier plant varieties may be needed.
- Canadian touring artist Rozalind MacPhail leads a workshop on live film scoring and shares her craft at a screening, Asheville Pizza & Brewing shows "Logan Noir" and more.
- Bon Marche’s first storefront opened in 1889. The department store's co-founder, Solomon Lipinsky, continued to grow the business until his death in 1925.In conjunction with the work of the Energy Innovation Task Force, the Asheville Workplace Challenge aims to expand participation and engagement in the program, which recognizes the efforts of local…A new study sponsored by a coalition of local organizations and funded by Mountain BizWorks and the City of Asheville identifies a long list of markets where Asheville has room…No additional changes made their way into this year’s budget as Council decided to adopt the ordinance in a 4-3 vote. Mayor Esther Manheimer, Vice-Mayor Gwen Wisler, and Council members…Two pivotal items on the board’s agenda were the approval of the FY 2019 budget and the appointment of an interim county manager after the sudden departure of former manager…
- "It would make a historical and moving work about a critical time in Asheville's history and also be an inspiring statement that could be a teaching lesson for the whole…"He supports health care coverage for all, protecting the environment and public schools.""This spring, National Audubon Society scientists teamed up with the National Park Service to release a peer-reviewed study, which revealed that climate change is likely to have significant impacts on…"What touches me deeply is that those we heard from at the festival were vegans not only for health reasons or competitive athletics, but also for the animals."